UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

September 02, 2015

Embracing Minimal Organic Makeup with RMS Beauty

one little vice beauty blog: lip2cheek lip shine living luminizer and buriti bronzer
one little vice beauty blog: lip2cheek lip shine living luminizer buriti bronzer


This summer I fell in love with lightweight makeup. In the past I've always really focused on having perfect looking skin, or heavier eye makeup - but this summer I bucked all of my beauty habits and routinely wore really minimal makeup. There's just something wonderful about not feeling anything on your skin, especially in the hot weather we had this summer. Even if the products didn't last all the way through the day, I really loved that I looked glowing and healthy rather than "made up". It's definitely a look that everyone's into, and I can't say that I wear it all the time, but to me it feels both fresh and liberating.


onelittlevice beauty blog: rms beauty organic makeup


I discovered RMS Beauty last year and was intrigued by their non-toxic products that they claim actually heal and nourish your skin as you wear them. Their products made from new, food grade, organic ingredients and are packed full of things like coconut oil, coco butter, shea butter and a whole host of other oils. My RMS Beauty products were the RMS Beauty Buriti Bronzer (£25.00) and RMS Beauty Living Luminizer (£30.00) which I bought towards the end of 2014. I absolutely fell in love with both of them and used them non-stop everyday for about six months. I did deviate for a while and began reaching for other products, but they always made their way back into my makeup routine.


onelittlevice beauty blog: cruelty free organic makeup


The Buriti Bronzer is seriously creamy and pigmented and gives a really naturally bronze glow to my skin. I like to apply quite liberally and then buff it into my skin with a brush. The Living Luminizer has a firmer, more solid consistency which encourages you to use less product each time you reach for it. It isn't as pigmented as the Buriti Bronzer but still offers a beauitful and noticeable sheer glowing highlight. In the summer sunshine it looks particularly beautiful, adding a healthy dose of radiance to your skin, but I also love how it looks in the evenings.


onelittlevice beauty blog: organic cruelty free makeup


In July, for my birthday, I receievd two new RMS Beauty products - the RMS Beauty Lip Shine in Honest (£17.00) and the RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek in Smile (£28.00). These two new products really reignited my passion for the brand and I began using my four RMS Beauty products together. On my cheeks I'd apply the Buriti Bronzer, then a small amount of the Lip2Cheek in Smile, then the Living Luminizer and on my lips I'd apply the Lip Shine in Honest. Combined together I really love how this looks, it just the right amount of colour and definition and looks really flattering!


one little vice beauty blog: natural organic cruelty free makeup


The Lip2Cheek in Smile is a really interesting product. It's much more pigmented than any of the other RMS Beauty products and a little goes a long way! It can be used on either the lips or cheeks but I definitely prefer the texture for my cheeks. Like all RMS Beauty products, the Lip 2 Cheek is really easy to apply and blend and ultimately leaves a natural and sheer dose of colour. Ideally, I would love to swap out all of my cream blushers and replace them with RMS Beauty's entire Lip 2 Cheek range. I think that the colours on offer are all very wearable and there looks like there's something for everyone!


one little vice beauty blog: lip2cheek smile and lip shine honest


The Lip Shine formula is much lighter, sheerer and less pigmented than the Lip 2 Cheeks. The Lip Shines are glossy and feel particularly comfortable worn on the lips. I love the sheer colour pay-off and find that for something so deeply hydrating they actually last quite well, but then I never expected them to stick around for hours. The shade Honest looks very natural against my skin tone, a good old fashioned "my lips but better" sort of colour. It adds just a hint of colour and definition as well as a healthy dose of shine, and I find it just helps to leave my making looking that bit more polished.


one little vice beauty blog: natural organic cruelty free makeup


As a combination, these RMS Beauty products always leave my skin looking and feeling very healthy. The colours are all flattering and the ingredients of the products also noticeably benefit the appearance of my skin and I think they have helped to soothe and calm my once very irritable cheeks.  In terms of lasting power they don't last through an entire working day, but they're quick and easy to reapply without makeup brushes so it's easy to carry all four glass pots in my daily makeup bag for on-the-go touch ups.



I'm hooked on RMS Beauty's range and I'd definitely like to try more of their products in the future. Have you tried any of their range before? Would you be interested to try their products?
Share:

4 comments

  1. Looks amazing! I would love to try these products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also own a few of rms products and i absolutely love the bronzer.

    Alexandra x
    I order a few days back the It Cosmetics CC Cream know i have to wait to get it in my mail box.. My two big favourites are definetly my new CĂ©line Trio Bag and the Tom Ford Cream To Powder Eyeshadow in naked bronze.

    Alexandra x
    http://www.alexandraetseschiens.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love the idea of these :) I love cream eyeshadows but I've not tried many other potted products. The bronzer looks lovely xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am gonna have t try Smile now. I wish there would be something more orange.. I currently own demure, the living luminizer and the concealer.I also for some reason seem to need the buriti bronzer now :D

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig