UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

December 04, 2015

Mio Skincare: The Answer to Dry Winter Skin

one little vice beauty blog: body care for dry winter skin


Mio Skincare very kindly got in touch with me recently and asked if there were any products from their range that I'd like to try. I discovered the brand earlier this year at John Lewis' Kingston store, and I very quickly fell in love with their effective body care products. Honestly, if you want effective body care that will give you noticeable and long-lasting results then I would highly recommend Mio Skincare's products. I've been really pleased with everything that I've tried so far, and I was excited to put two more of their products to the test; the Double Buff Dual Action Enzyme Exfoliator* and The A Cream Active Body Cream*.


one little vice beauty blog: body care for dry winter skin



Let's just quickly start off with an overview of my skin; it's perpetually dry and when I don't look after it properly it's often prone to eczema, but I find that it always looks its best when I'm regularly exfoliating as well as moisturising. When you introduce exfoliation into your beauty routine you get rid of dead skin cells which can otherwise block pores. You also help expose the newer, softer and healthier layers of your skin, which means that they're more able to drink up the moisturising products that you go on to apply. When I exfoliate my skin it looks healthier and more radiant and it absorbs my moisturisers much better, allowing them to do their best work. What's really nice about Mio Skincare's Double Buff Dual Action Enzyme Exfoliater is that it couples manual (scrubby particles) exfoliation with chemical (enzymatic) exfoliation so you get a really effective result that isn't too harsh on your skin - there aren't too many enzymes and you don't need to scrub too hard. I've found it to be an incredibly effective exfoliating product and I really liked the reliable results. If you want an exfoliating product that will leave your skin looking its best then I'd really recommend this, I'd definitely go out and repurchase it in a heartbeat.


I've been following up on my exfoliation by applying Mio Skincare's The A Cream Active Body Cream, and it's almost certainly the best body moisturiser that I've tried this year. You don't need to use very much to get really amazing results and I find that it leaves my skin soft and hydrated for much longer than other body creams. From the very first application I knew that this was an impressive product, the way that it absorbed into my skin was just lovely and the difference in the feel of my skin was really noticeable. My usual body cream purchases are around the £15.00 mark, but I think that the results I've seen with Mio Skincare's body cream entirely justify the slightly higher price. I don't need to use as much product as I normally would and I can probably get away with moisturising less often without compromising on the appearance and health of my skin. I'm really impressed and this is another product that I'd definitely repurchase. If you have dry skin then I'd really recommend trying The A Cream - you don't need to use it with the Mio Skincare exfoliater to get great results, but together they are a really great pairing.


Have you tried anything from Mio Skincare before? 
Which exfoliators and moisturisers do you like using?
Share:

2 comments

  1. For some reason, I always associate this brand with pregnancy and hadn't tried anything because of not being pregnant, but that's such a silly mindset haha! I love the sound of the exfoliator, in particular. I'm not sure I'd want to pay that much for a body moisturiser though, as I think I'd get through it a bit too quickly, especially at this time of year!

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of Mio Skincare products before, going to check them out. The body cream sounds really good! Neutrogena products are my favorite for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig