UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 13, 2016

A Drugstore Alternative to L'Occitane's Almond Shower Oil

one little vice beauty blog: a drugstore alliterative to L'Occitane's Almond Shower Oil

I've been repurchasing L'Occitane's Almond Shower Oil (£18.00) for years now. Not only does L'Occitane's almond range offer one of my favourite scents, but the shower oil is a godsend for anyone who shaves their legs or underarms. When used on damp skin the oil gently foams, allowing a razor to very gently and evenly glide over the skin - resulting in an unbeatably close and smooth shave. The only real downside to L'Occitane's Almond Oil is the price. Although it can go a long way when reserved as a shaving oil it also works wonderfully in place of a shower gel, and once that becomes a habit then you can get through a truckload of the stuff!

Recently I spotted Dove's Nourishing Care Shower Oil (£4.38) in my local Superdrug, and I was quite excited to try it out. I know of a couple of in-shower oil products, but I'd never seen anything that looked like such a good dupe of the Almond Shower Oil. Dove's offering is housed in similar packaging and the oil has a very similar consistency. Despite lacking the gorgeous L'Occitane fragrance, Dove's Nourishing Care Shower Oil offers a remarkably similar result when used as shaving oil. It foams slightly less luxuriously (which also probably means you'd use more product each time) but it still leaves your skin feeling incredibly smooth.

If you've been put off L'Occitane's Almond Shower Oil by its price-tag, then I would seriously recommend trying Dove's alternative. Everything that the drugstore dupe lacks can be totally excused by its affordability.

Share:

7 comments

  1. Shame that it doesn't have an almond scent but I'd be willing to try it. The L'Occitane oil is so amazing for shaving but I've been looking for something more affordable. Thanks for this!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a free sample of this in this months Bazaar (I think) www.indigoandmouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved the L'Occitane oil for a while now too, so I'm excited to see how Dove's version compares for myself! Thanks for the recommendation :)

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must be one of the only people who finds shaving WORSE when I use the L'Occitane Oil! I adore it as a bath and shower oil though x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the L'Occitane Oil but I must admit I don't use as much as I did, especially when wearing fake tans so perhaps the most affordable version is better to have to hand.

    Victoria x
    FlorenceandMary.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review!
    Would love to test it!
    xx
    http://helenamybeauty.over-blog.com/2016/07/les-samsas-the-samsas.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Dove shower oil sounds beyond amazing!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig