UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

October 10, 2012

Korres Coconut Body Milk vs. L'Occitane Milk Conentrate




I fell in love with this product in July when I had sun burn and went into a pharmacy in Italy and the nice woman who worked there gave me a handful of samples of L'Occitane's Milk Concentrate along with my budget after sun product (whose name I can't recall now). As soon as I smelt this I knew I wanted it. Worse, I knew it was all that I wanted. At every opportunity, and given how many L'Occitane stores there are at train stations across Europe these opportunities were many, I would go into the store to smell and sample it. It was a forbidden love affair because I was at the time on a very strict travelling budget which just didn't allow for £30+ purchases of body creams, and if I'm honest I still have a problem with the idea of spending that much on something I know I'll use up quite quickly. But seriously, I cannot stress how gorgeously gentle but alluring the smell is. The effects are great too, its incredibly moisturising and it sinks in quickly so the products doesn't get wasted. 

If you have the money for it this is something you shouldn't be without, especially if you love the smell of almonds! L'Occitane Milk Concentrate can be bought on Feel Unique with 200ml costing £32.00. I've seen it occasionally on ASOS too so if you're a student you could use an NUS extra card for a discount.



I only bought this Korres Body Milk because I had tricked myself into thinking that it was a dupe for L'Occitane's Milk Concentrate. It has an almond content and a similar sweet, milky smell, and as this was a moisturiser I could more comfortably afford (Korres Coconut Body Milk can be bought on Feel Unique, with 200ml costing £9.50, although I picked this up in a Sephora in Athens) I splashed out to try and get myself over my L'Occitane love. This body milk is fantastic, it really is.It is incredibly hydrating and it smells delicious, hovering between coconut and almond so it doesn't smell like coconut in a sickly way (as I find The Body Shop's Coconut Body Butter to do). But, and this is the but that kills it for me, it just isn't as fantastic as the L'Occitane Milk Concentrate. It is thicker, smells slightly artificial and just isn't as delicate as the Milk Concentrate. I suppose this is the upside to expensive products though, they can be everything you're looking for because you're paying for the luxury of a product you can absolutely fall in love with.

Don't get me wrong, I love high street brand products and I still love this Korres product (which I still consider expensive for a body lotion I'm going to use daily), but L'Occitane has won this battle due to the allure of their Milk Concentrate. 

I'm always going to be on the look out for a dupe though so if you know of one please do share it with me! 

Angelica

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig