UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

June 10, 2017

5 Affordable Beauty Treats (All Under £10)

one little vice beauty blog

I don't think that it's unusual to get the ocassional urge to go shopping, but sometimes you want to treat yourself without spending too much money. This is when I usually turn to my favourite affordable beauty treats, because they're a great way to satisfy my craving for something special and new without breaking the bank. In today's blog post, I've gathered together five of my favourite affordable beauty products, all of which I would highly recommend!

onelittlevice beauty blog: affordable beauty treats

Yes, that's right, that is my cat in the background! Given how much he costs to keep, I thought that I might as well get my money's worth by using him as a photo prop... On a more serious note, Lush's BB Seaweed Fresh Face Mask (£7.25) is one of my favourite beauty treats and I tend to repurchase it a couple of times each year. I've tried nearly all of Lush's facemasks and I really do think that their range offers something for everyone. I wouldn't call Lush face masks expensive, but, because they're "fresh" and need to be kept in the fridge, I don't have them around all the time like some of my other face masks. This means that it really does feel like I'm treating myself when I do finally go out and buy one. I also think that the ritual of using Lush's fresh face masks - getting them from the fridge, applying them to your face when they're lovely and cool - is part of the appeal for me; they feel particularly gorgeous on the skin, and I find that the results are always reliable. If you've never tried one of Lush's face masks then I would highly recommend them, but be prepared to use them about twice a week if you want to finish all of the product before the expiration date. 

onelittlevice beauty blog: affordable beauty treats

Let's say that you're not so into skincare but you want to pick up and affordable product that will pick up your mood and make you feel gorgeous, this is when I'd recommend Palmer's Cocoa Butter Moisturizing Oil (£5.09). The whole of Palmer's Cocoa Butter Range smells like chocolate, and there is something really indulgent and warming about the scent. The Moisturizing Oil is my favourite product from this range as it is really quick and easy to use, but still offers noticeable and long-lasting results. All you have to do is apply it to damp skin after a bath or shower, maybe massage it in for a minute or so and then continue to dry yourself using a towel. This quick addition to your routine will leave your skin feeling so soft and hydrated, and you'll also notice a subtle whiff of that warm chocolate fragrance lingers on the skin for a little while afterwards. Alternatively, you can pour a capful of this oil into your bath and experience similar benefits, and this is what I like to do when I want a really warm and relaxing bath. For the price, I think that Palmer's Cocoa Butter Moisturizing Oil is a lovely beauty treat and I've been repurchasing it for quite a while now.

one little vice beauty blog: affordable beauty treats

When I'm craving a new beauty product as a pick-me-up, I tend to go and browse lipsticks. I don't think that there is any other makeup product that can so quickly and completely change your look in the way that lipstick can. Or at least this is what I tell myself when I want to treat myself to something new! I recently bought some new Rimmel lipsticks, which I featured in my blog post about Mad Men Lipstick Shades, and I would really recommend both of these. However, my favourite affordable lip product is L'Oreal's Infallible Mega Cream Lip Gloss in I Got The Power (110) (£6.99). It has a really creamy and non-sticky lip gloss formula, very reminiscent of Mac's Cremesheen Lip Glosses. It also offers opaque coverage, so with the brighter shades in the range you can attain a really bold pop-of-colour. I Got The Power (pictured above) is a lovely neutral pink shade that's suitable for everyday wear, and (because I've already been recommending it to my friends) I've seen first-hand how it can work for many different skin tones. I think that it's an amazing lipgloss and for the quality of the product, the price feels like a real bargain. 

one little vice beauty blog: affordable beauty treats under £10

Another oil that is well worth mentioning is Burt's Bees's Lemon and Vitamin E Body and Bath Oil (£9.99). I wouldn't recommend using this as a body oil, but it is really lovely to use in the bath. When I moved house back in December, I finally had a bath of my own and I've really been taking advantage of it. So far, this lemon bath oil has been my absolute favourite out of every bath product that I've tried. One capful is enough to not only scent your bath water but it also makes it really hydrating too. This means that once you step out of the water your skin is already silky soft, saving you the effort of using a body cream. It is also worth noting that this is a cruelty-free product that's packed full of natural ingredients, so if you're trying to make greener beauty decisions then this is a
good place to start.

[Sorry I didn't picture the product! Unfortunately, I finished it before writing this post stupidly threw away the packaging.]

onelittlevice beauty blog: affordable beauty treats

Although L'Occitane's Almond Hand Cream 30ml (£8.00) falls within the budget for this post, I am willing to accept that some of you might not consider £8.00/30ml as an affordable price. However, you should hear me out on this. One of my absolute favourite beauty products of all time is L'Occitane's Almond Milk Concentrate (£34.00), I adore everything about it - especially its fragrance - but it is by no means an affordable purchase. L'Occitane's Almond Hand Cream has an almost identical scent and the 30ml hand cream offers me a way to indulge without splashing out too much money. When I want to really spoil myself by incorporating L'Occitane's almond range into my everyday routine, then this hand cream is good place to start. Plus, to give it credit, it's also a really effective hand cream and fits nicely into pretty much any handbag.


If you have any other beauty recommendations then please do share them in a comment below, I'm always on the lookout for new products to try!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig