UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

February 27, 2013

REVIEW: Reverence De Bastien Unguent for Nails and Cuticles




If any of you read my post on January's Birchbox then you'll have had a glimpse of this nail unguent before. I'm not going to lie, the word 'unguent' still makes me cringe in an inexplicable sort of disgust but we mustn't confuse that with my feelings for the product itself! My hands need a lot of maintenance as I have incredibly dry and sensitive skin but usually I'm not one to pamper my nails. In fact, they go relatively unloved most of the time, which seems like a terrible shame when I think of how much time I spend on other aspects of my appearance. This nail unguent (did you shiver too?) is a perfect pampering product for your nails and cuticles. The product itself is insanely girly looking as it is an incredibly pearlescent pink and has a gorgeous rose scent. The applicator is very well suited to this product's use, the thin nozzle allows you to apply a small amount of product directly to you cuticles and when you massage it into your cutcles the unguent has a very oily  feel to it. It takes quite a while to sink into the cuticles which can be quite annoying but I've found that if you do give it the time it needs the effects are worthwhile. I've been using this once (sometimes twice) a week since I got it and I have definitely noticed an improvement in my cuticles. They've been in such better condition than normal. I haven't noticed a difference in my nails but I haven't been using it for that long (only a month) so there might be bonus effects on them that haven't yet become noticable. Overall, this has really stressed the importance of using a product on my cuticles and I'm really glad that I recieved this in a beauty box. However, as this product comes in at about 15 euros I don't think I would repurchase it as that seems quite pricey to me. It would make a lovely gift though, especially for someone who loves having a perfect manicure!


What do you use to pamper your hands?


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig