UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

February 21, 2014

A Budget Buy: Collection Eyeshadow Pencil in Hot Chocolate

drugstore budget buy


I first bought into chunky Eyeshadow Pencils in the form of Rimmel's Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Sticks which I really didn't like. Since then I've given them a wide berth, until I swatched Collection's Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil in Hot Chocolate and noticed that it didn't budge from my hand all day. Eventually I returned to Superdrug and picked it up for what I think is a very reasonable price of £3.19 (and, remember, if you're a Student you are able to get a 10% discount with an NUS Extra card). All in all, I picked up a bargain product and I am happy to report that it hasn't let me down!


drugstore neutral brown eyeshadow affordable


Collection's Work The Colour Eyeshadow Pencil in Hot Chocolate is a gorgeous, slightly metallic, mid brown. It is very creamy and blendable and once applied I find that it really doesn't budge. I use this on my lids in place of eyeshadow as well as under my eyes for a more dramatic eyeliner look - both ways work well for me and the product hasn't ever smudged or left me looking panda-eyed. Honestly, the formula is really impressive and the colour is very wearable. I know Collection also stock a pink, cream, navy, grey and a black version of this product but that is the extent of the shade range. If they offered more wearable neutrals I would pick them all up! For the price I really don't think you can find a better product of this sort. I'd definitely recommend them and you can find the shade Hot Chocolate online here. 


Have you tried these eyeshadow pencils? Do you have any other budget make-up recommendations that you think I should check out?

Share:

8 comments

  1. This sounds amazing, I love the colour!

    Libby
    www.lifeoflibby.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this too! I have the shade vanilla sky as well as hot chocolate, and it's perfect for the inner corner :)xo

    http://901lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a gorgeous colour, I may have to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I love the colour! I will definitely buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of this - i think it would make a gorgeous brown smokey eye! I might have to look at these next time i go shopping.

    Amy xo
    www.vondork.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Collection and i have the champagne version of this but i'll have to pick up this one now..
    Thanks Angelica! :p

    rosielouiselove

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got this forever ago with two others shades and it's been seriously neglected, I shall be digging it out x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
  8. I picked this up and reviewed it a couple of weeks back but I've nearly used mine up already I love it THAT much! I want to pick them all up!
    Lou Barker xo

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig