UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

February 02, 2014

Expanding My Collection: Illamasqua Cream Blushes (Seduce, Dixie, Rude)

makeup collection post review swatches


My obsession with Illamasqua's Cream Blushes began last summer when I stumbled into their Carnaby Street store. I'm not usually one to shop for make-up online without having seen products in the flesh. I'm painfully aware of how fussy I am when it comes to high end make-up - if I'm making beauty "investments" I want them to be the sort that pay off. Having not swatched or played with any of Illamasqua's products before I didn't know what to expect. However, when I had the chance to see their 'Seduce' Cream Blush in the flesh I knew I had found something that I needed. Luckily, it was in their summer sale and I picked it up at the reduced price of £10 (they're usually £18). I put a full review up of "Seduce" last summer with a swatch and a make-up look that I did featuring it, so if you want to see it in action you should take a look at that post here. Since then I've been waiting (with baited breath) for another Illamasqua sale so I could justify trying out some more of their Cream Blushes and this month I found two more, "Dixie" and "Rude", at the same £10 discounted price.






"Seduce" has served me pretty well so far. I've found that it offers very intense pigmentation but is incredibly blendable so you can use it to create very subtle flushes of colour as well as being able to build it up into a more dramatic colour. Since I've gotten my hands on "Dixie" and "Rude" I've found that they work similarly well and have the same dreamily creamy consistency as "Seduce". "Dixie" is a different shade of pink - it has a touch of red to it that lends itself to a watermelon-esque shade. Whilst "Rude" leans very orange but when applied to the cheeks creates a beautiful coral flush. They're both very pretty and different enough from "Seduce" to justify me owning all three.




colour dixie review
Top to Bottom: Dixie, Rude, Seduce.


I am a big lover of cream blushes and I've tried quite a few now including Stila's Convertible Colours (review here), MaxFactor's Creamy Touch Blush (review coming soon), Catrice's Lip and Cheek Colours (currently not available in the UK) and Bourjois' Cream Blushes. I personally find that Illamasqua's Cream Blushes are my favourite - although I think that Stila's Convertible Colours are a close second. Illamasqua's offerings have the most gorgeous texture, I find them really easy to apply and I love the way they look on my skin. They're definitely worth their £18 price tag, but I can only afford to stock up on them when they're a bit cheaper than that. 


arm swatches three illamasqua blushers
Left to Right: Seduce, Dixie, Rude



All in all, I love the colours I own and I'm sure in a couple of months I'll be looking to try out some more shades. I'd definitely recommend them and with their colour range there will be a colour to suit everyone's tastes. You can find Illamasqua's Cream Blushes on their website here, but the blushers that they put on sale won't appear here so it is worth looking in the sale section on their website. 


Do you like cream blushes? Have you tried any products from Illamasqua? I'd love recommendations for other cream blushes to check out too, I'm always on the hunt for good ones.

Share:

7 comments

  1. they are amazing! I swear by illamasqua blushers, and I have way too many, I haven't got any of these, there just a little too bright for me!

    Catherine x

    www.beautyisintheeyeofthebeholder.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good! I haven't tried an Illamasqua blush yet, but placed a cheeky sales order the other day. This post has me so excited for them to arrive! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seduce looks really pretty! I've never owned an Illamasqua blush but I've swatched them a few times and they are so soft!

    Kimberley x

    www.kimberleysbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you believe that I still haven't tried the cream blushes and Illamasqua?! I know, pretty embarrassing. Those shades are amazing and the products sound like heaven! Thanks for this review :).

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just started to experiment with the Bourjois cream blushes and I think I like them more than powder! They seem to last a bit better on my skin but it's early days ;)

    Danniella x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. my very first blush from illamasqua was seduce and since then i kept buying more! the texture is too die for!!!c

    jesse// fancythee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh these are gorgeous!
    I only just discovered how awesome Illamasqua's products are this weekend, and I can definitely say I'm smitten :)

    Michelle | Satchels + Pearls

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig