UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

March 19, 2015

Mac Lipstick and Lipglass Haul

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: Mac Brave Lipstick and Oh Baby Lipglass Haul
One Little Vice: Kylie Jenner Lip Shade Brave Mac Haul

I haven't made a Mac purchase in a really, really long time but I did receive a couple of new bits for Christmas (Mac's Cremeblend Blush in Brit Wit and Mac's Satin Lipstick in Cyber) and I've really been enjoying them. Recently, I've read so many blog posts about Mac's Lipsticks and Lip Pencils - especially those Kylie Jenner shades - and I just got a hankering to go and pick up a new lipstick. What can I say, I just couldn't help myself!

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: Kylie Jenner Mac Lipstick Shades Brave Oh Baby

I didn't have a particular shade in mind when I went shopping, I just wanted to swatch away and see what took my fancy. In the end, I actually opted for Mac Cosmo Lipstick but it was out of stock so the shop assistant directed me towards Mac's Brave Lipstick. Brave has a Satin finish (compared to Cosmo's Amplified finish) and is just slightly more brown-toned, although it still has a very pink finish. It's an incredibly flattering and easy-to-wear colour and I think that it's just a little bit more sophisticated than the other everyday Mac pink shade that I own, Fanfare. I love the Satin finish, it's not entirely matte but it's lovely and opaque and much more long lasting than my Cremesheen and Lustre lipsticks. I'm really happy with it and I can see myself getting a lot of wear out of it. 

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: Mac Brave Lipstick and Oh Baby Lipglass Haul
One little Vice beauty blog: Mac Haul Brave Lipstick and Oh baby lipgloss

Whilst I was queuing to pay I noticed some of Mac's Sized To Go Lipglasses - these are miniature lip glosses available at the lower price of £10. I've seen these online and considered picking one up in the shade Rebel (which matches Mac's much loved Rebel Lipstick). However, Rebel wasn't available and I actually spotted the shade Oh Baby which really, really caught my eye. It's a sheer golden brown lipgloss absolutely packed full of fine gold glitter. I don't own anything like it and I thought that it would look beautiful over the top of pretty much any lipstick, especially in the summertime. 

Golden glitters looks beautiful when it catches the light, and glitter also helps emphasise and exaggerate the size of your lips. So, if you're not into the Kylie Jenner overlined-lip look then I'd pick up a glitter gloss instead and apply it in the centre of your lips - it will make a visible difference instantly. And Oh Baby even looks gorgeous over the top of Brave, so I can imagine it would work with all sorts of colours - from everyday nude shades to bright reds.

If you're looking for a cruelty free alternative to this lipgloss then you might like to check out Illamasqua's Sheer Lipgloss in Opulent.

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: Kylie Jenner Mac Lipstick Shades Swatched


Have you tried either of these Mac lip products? I really love them and I've already got a bit of a Mac wishlist going for next time. I'd love to hear your recommendations for other shades - please do leave let me know what I should try next in the comments!


Share:

9 comments

  1. Ah, you gave in and got your lipstick :) you had better wear it for me on Saturday ;)

    captaincharghley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I diddddd, and I love it! I'll definitely wear it this weekend

      Delete
  2. Brave looks right up my street! Such a gorgeous shade. It looks kind of like one I have called Twig but I'm the kind of girl where if I like a shade I will purchase 10 more slightly different ones lol xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig