UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

February 10, 2016

(A Belated) January Beauty Favourites

one little vice beauty blog

Let's start off with a product that I got a lot of use out of during both December and January, and that's Lanolips's 101 Fruties in Apple* (£7.99). I've raved about Lanolips lip ointments so many times, but when I was very kindly sent some of the new fruity varieties I had a new reason to get excited! They marry together the awesome lip hydrating goodness (and gorgeous shine) of Lanolips' 101 Ointment with some seriously delicious scented goodness. I have Strawberry, Peach and Apple, all of which are gorgeous but it's the apple variety that I've fallen in love with. 

Another brand that you've heard me talk about a lot recently is Lush, and there are two products in particular that I've been using a lot recently. The first one is Lush's Bûche de Nöel Cleanser (£6.95), a product that I've used before and is just as good as I remember. I really love Lush's cleansers, I love how fresh they feel to use and I really like how they leave my skin looking. Bûche de Nöel has a rich, fruity fragrance and leaves my skin looking softer and more glowing after use. The other Lush product that I've really been enjoying is Lush's Rose Jam Shower Gel (£4.95). I know that I've slated Lush's bodycare products as overprice (I still think that they are) but I do really love the fragrance of Rose Jam - it reminds me so much of Turkish Delight and Christmas, and those are two smells that I'll never get bored with.

Post shower, I've been reaching for Grown Alchemist's Body Treatment Oil (£25.00) on the regular and I've really been loving it. I'm not a huge fan of the way it smells (ylang ylang is slightly too spa-like for my taste) but I adore how quickly it sinks into my skin and I really like how it leaves my skin silky smooth and hydrated. It's an expensive skin treat but a little goes a very long way and based on the results I would definitely repurchase it. 

My final beauty favourite from January is the perfume that I recieved as a gift for Christmas. My brother bought me The Body Shop's Italian Summer Fig Eau de Toilette (£18.00) and I've completely fallen in love with the scent. It's rich and warm and utterly delicious. Compared to other fragrances that I've owned from The Body Shop in the past, Italian Summer Fig is more complex and mature than I was expecting. Plus, it lasts really well on me too - I think that it's a fantastic perfume at a fantastic price. 

What were your January Beauty Favourites?
Share:

2 comments

  1. Lovely beauty favourites!
    They look just great!
    Wish you a fab day !
    http://helenamybeauty.over-blog.com/2016/02/proteger-les-animaux-protect-animals.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've spotted Grown Alchemist on a couple of beauty sites when I've been browsing, but never really seen the brand on any blogs. Have you tried any skincare?xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig