UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

March 08, 2017

Let's Talk About Bath Time

one little vice beauty blog: bath products from Neal's Yard Burt's Bees and Sanex

One of the best things about my new home is that I finally have access to a bath - and I've been making good use ot it! I moved at the end of December 2016, so I've been experimenting during these first few months and I've tried quite a few new products. I bought a handful of Lush bath bombs in their Boxing Day sale, but generally I prefer using the same product over and over for a sense of routine. I usually only use the bath bombs when I'm craving some colour (and a new instagram pic), otherwise I've been using the same three products on rotation.

The first product I bought on impulse whilst I was in Waitrose, because their beauty section is pretty darn terrific. Initially I picked up the Neal's Yard Remedies Aromatic Foaming Bath (RRP £15.50) because of its pretty packaging, which is an awful reason really but I had a pinterest-inspired vision of what my new bathroom could look like. The packaging didn't disapoint, and neither has the product itself. I apply a couple of capfuls to my bath and in return you're greeted with loads and loads of bubbles! I don't think that there's too much fragrance produced really, I find it quite subtly aromatic and it's a great match for evenings when I want to burn my scented candles. It is, however, very nice on the skin, and leaves my body feeling soft and hydrated after a soak. When I want something skin-friendly but relatively neutral then this is the product for which I reach. 

The next product I decided to try was Burt's Bees Lemon & Vitamin E Bath and Body Oil (RRP £9.99). In the past, I've had great experiences with Burt's Bees' body care so I'm always keen to try something new from the brand. I liked the sound of a lemon scented bath oil, it just seemed a little different from any of the other bath or shower oils that I'd tried before. Additionally, I think that the price point of this product is really great something natural and cruelty-free, so that definitely influenced my purchase. In short, I absolutely love this bath oil; a little goes a long way, the fragrance is beautiful and it makes a noticeable difference to my skin. If you're like me and you want to get some skin benefits out of your bath then this is my top recommendation at the moment. I'll be repurchasing Burt's Bees Bath Oil as soon as mine runs out!

Finally, in the interests of testing out a more affordable option, I've also been using the Sanex Advanced Hydrate 24h Bath Cream (RRP £3.99). I bought this on complete whim because I've tried some Sanex products before and found that they agreed with my skin. This Bath Cream is essentially a fancy drugstore bubble bath, and if you're into your bubbles then this is a good way to go. I found that it didn't irritate my sometimes sensitive skin, but it also didn't leave it feeling very nourished after my bath. I think that I'd definitely repurchase this sort of product again, especially if my baths became more regular, because sometimes it's nice to save your best beauty products for special occasions.

If you have any recommendations on what bath products to try next then I would love to hear about them in the comments!


SaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig