UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

March 08, 2013

FOTD: My 'go-to' daytime make-up



On a day to day basis I tend to keep my make-up really simple. Usually I like to vary what make-up I usebut because I've been incredibly busy lately I've definitely fallen into a bit of a routine. This tends to include a very subtle eye make-up, a minimal amount of blush and some sort of sheer lip colour.



 

The products I used:

I first apply some of The Body Shop's Moisture Foundation in Shade 03 with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush (and I use The Body Shop's Tea Tree Pore Minimiser as a mattifying base). I think this foundation lasts really well, the colour match is very good and it strikes the right balance between keeping my skin from looking too oily without being too drying. Under my eyes, I use some of Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer in Shade 01 and for the price I think it is just a fantastic product. For my my eybrows I've found myself  using my HD Brows Palette a lot recently and then adding a bit of extra definition with A La Carte Cosmetic's Brow Ink in Taupe.

 At the moment I'm finding myself only ever wearing MaxFactor's Clump Defy Mascara as I just love the formula of it and think it does a fantastic job of adding both volume and length; I tend to only apply it to my upper lashes in the day-time. On my eyelids I use my Darling Girl Eye Shadow Primer followed up by two layers of Mac's Electric Cool Eye Shadow in Superwatt. Even with a primer, this eyeshadow doesn't last particularly well but I absolutely love the colour of it so I've still been using it a lot (probably more than it deserves).

On my cheeks I've been using Look's Make Me Blush in Sculpt which is a lovely pink/brown colour, perfect for a really naturally bit of definition. I've been applying it with my Real Techniques Contour Brush which maybe isn't the perfect brush to use, but I've lost my blush brush (cue a shopping trip) and I don't dislike the look the contour brush gives. Lastly, I applied some of 17's Mirror Shine Lipstick in the shade L.A. which is a really wearable red/pink that I've totally fallen in love with.



The finished look:



So, voila! More often than not this would be the sort of look I'd be wearing if I'm in a rush (which is pretty much always) or if all I'm doing is going into university to go to the library or to a seminar.  I manage to make this particular routine take pretty much no time at all to apply so it isn't exactly as 'perfect' as I'd want it to be if I was going on a night out or anything like that.


I'd definitely like to start doing more posts like this so do let me know if you like reading FOTDs as I personally really enjoy seeing the products that people actually use on a day to day basis!



Share:

4 comments

  1. A great pick me up look, pretty!

    caperepulchra.blogspot.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Look Beauty's Make Me Blush in Sculpt too!! And you are gorgeous! xx

    http://www.fromparistopureza.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the body shop foundation too :) all time favourite! Perfect for a light dewy finish. You look beautiful! Would love to see more fotds from you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Real Techniques buffing brush! :)

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig