UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

May 09, 2015

Everyday Haircare from Noah

one little vice beauty blog: natural and sls free shampoo and conditioner


Noah is an Italian brand that was founded back in 2006 and their range of beauty products (predominantly haircare) is very newly available in the UK. None of Noah's products are animal tested, and they don't contain silicones, parabens, mineral oils, DEA or SLS. Instead, the brand is focused on providing balanced formulas - with ph levels between 2.8 and 5.5 - designed to cleanse, revitalize and moisturize your skin and hair. Each product contains high synergies of essential oils that are extracted from plants and flowers according to the most traditional and ancient extraction. Noah's range is thoughtfully put together, with options for most conceivable hair types, and everything is housed in what I consider to be incredibly aesthetically pleasing, soft-to-the-touch, rubberized packaging. I've been trying out one of their shampoos and conditioners for the last three weeks and today I'm going to be sharing my thoughts on them.



For a very long time I've been looking for a really good SLS-free shampoo that does three things; offers a thorough cleanse, is easy to rinse out of my hair and doesn't leave it overly dry or weighed down. Noah's Fortifying Shampoo is by far the best one I've come across yet - and to it's credit, it's also better than many (if not most!) of the shampoos I've ever tried. The product itself is completely colourless and has a lovely thick, but not too thick, gel texture with an incredibly refreshing and invigorating minty scent - that's very gently tempered by the addition of black pepper. These two ingredients work to stimulate the scalp, which is great for anyone with fine, thinning or weak hair. Once applied to the hair, the shampoo lathers very nicely and is incredibly easy to rinse. I've found that it's left my hair looking healthy, shiny and just all-round happy, and this is very often not the case with shampoos. All in all, I'm incredibly impressed and I'd definitely repurchase it.



Noah's Restructuing Cream is an interesting one as it has a much richer, thicker and more natural-feeling texture than many conditioners that I've tried in the past. It has a very pleasant and gentle fresh scent, and you can definitely notice the scent from the inclusion of yoghurt. It also does a really good job of rehydrating my hair without weighing it down. However, for the best results it does require leaving the product on your hair for three-five minutes making it more akin to a hair treatment - which is probably why it's called a restructuring cream than a conditioner. If you have the time and patience then using it in this way really does pay dividends, and I noticed improvement in the way that my hair looked and felt. But I did find that I was occasionally put off from using it because I just didn't want to wait around in the shower whilst it got to work. Overall, I think that it's another fantastic haircare option, and I really do like the product, but I'm not quite as enamoured with it as I am with the shampoo.


My lasting impressions of Noah's shampoo and conditioner are all incredibly positive. I'm really impressed with the quality of the products and I adore the packaging. I'd definitely like to try more from the brand and I'd definitely recommend both the products, especially the shampoo. As they're a new brand to the UK they're still getting their distribution set up, so if you'd like to keep up with Noah then it's probably best to give them a follow over on twitter - link here


What shampoo and conditioner are you using at the moment?
Do you use SLS free shampoos?


Share:

2 comments

  1. They sound like great products! I'm trying to use products that don't have SLS in them x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using shampoos that are SLS free. I have noticed my hair is in a better condition after I stopped using SLS hair products. I'm currently using L'oreal SLS free Ever riche hair shampoo and Natura Siberica conditioner for damaged hair. I also like Natura Siberica hair shampoo nutrition and repair it's really good and it's not drying or stripping as some natural shampoos are.

    hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig