UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

May 07, 2014

A Daytime Smokey Eye using Topshop's Magic Liner in Engraved

minimal daytime smokey eye makeup look







If you've been reading my blog for a while then you'll probably already know that I love 'minimal' make-up looks. I think that subtle changes can make all the difference and as much as I like make-up I like to use it enhance rather than try and change things. When it comes to 'everyday' make-up I usually go one of two ways - I either stay very minimal and then opt for a strong lip colour or I stay minimal and opt for eyeshadow or liner. One of my favourite looks recently has been choosing a very nude lipstick (more nude than I'd usually dare to wear) and pairing it with a wash of black liner to give my eyes a little bit of je ne said quoi...

affordable black pen liner
affordable black pen liner

Topshop's Magic Liner in the shade 'Engaved' (a true black) has been my go-to eyeliner recently. I'm usually a liquid liner girl (my most recent liquid liner favourite has been Seventeen's Tattoo Me Eyeliner) but for a softer eye-look I've been using a pen liner and wiggling it along the roots of my lashes for a soft, smudgy hint of definition. Forget 'lining' the eyes, I'm more for smoking the lashes out a little bit - making them look thicker and darker. As much as I like Topshop's Magic Liner (it offers long lasting colour that doesn't budge throughout the day) it comes in at £6.50 (you can find it on their website here) and I think Collection's Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner which costs £2.99 offers a more intense black and similar longevity. The only real difference is that Topshop's Magic Liner is better at achieving this smokey lash look because of its slightly finer nib and slightly less intense colour. What you prefer will depend on what you're looking to use the liner for!


Have you tried any Topshop make-up? Do you like my 'minimal' daytime smokey eye look?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig