UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 23, 2016

Mac Cosmo Lipstick Review

one little vice beauty blog: mac amplified creme lipsticks


The latest addition to my Mac lipstick collection has been on my wish list for many many months, and I really am quite happy to finally be able to call it my own. I'd wanted to buy Mac's Cosmo (Amplified Creme) Lipstick (£15.50) a long while back, but every time I visited a Mac store I found that it was perpetually out of stock. Back then, I satisfied myself by buying Brave in its place but I just couldn't shake the memory of Cosmo's perfect mid-toned everyday pink. So when I finally found one in-store I happily snapped it up, and I've found myself wearing it a lot since then!


onelittlevice beauty blog: mac amplified creme lipsticks


I've tried most of Mac's lipstick formulations, and I have to say that Amplified Creme lipsticks are quickly becoming my favourite. I love how thick, creamy and opaque they are, offering you the choice of applying the colour heavily or lightly depending on whether you apply it directly from the bullet or by smudging it into your lips with your fingers. They're also remarkably comfortable to wear; I wouldn't say that they're actively moisturising, but thanks to the higher than average content of castor oil they feel very nice on the lips. 


one little vice beauty blog: mac amplified creme lipsticks


On Mac's website they describe Cosmo as a "pink coco" shade, and I think that's pretty apt. Despite being unashamedly pink, the colour is tempered which stops it from being too bright. I find it incredibly flattering against my fair skin, and because of the comfortable formulation it's definitely a lipstick that I could reach for daily. I even find that I prefer Cosmo to Mac's Brave (Satin) Lipstick, which is slightly lighter with a blue undertone. So if, like me, you've found yourself thinking that these two shades are too similar to justify owning both - well, I'd encourage you to have a re-think!


one little vice beauty blog: mac amplified creme lipsticks
one little vice beauty blog: mac amplified creme lipsticks


I bought Mac's Cosmo (Amplified Creme) Lipstick in a Mac store for £15.50, but you can also find their lipsticks for sale online.

Share:

3 comments

  1. beautiful color..i like mac lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of this!! Especially the amplified creme finish, much more moisturising!! x
    http://flareaforte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful shade, I love it x

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig