UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

February 03, 2015

Nars Matte Multiple in Altai

one little vice beauty blog: Nars matte multiple altai
One Little Vice beauty blog: Nars Matte Multiple Altai Review

Nars' Matte Multiple in Altai is a product that I've wanted ever since I laid eyes on it. I like to contour and I love to add a bit of warmth to my complexion with bronzer - especially in cream formulas because I find them really easy to work with in order to achieve a really subtle finish. My previous go-to contour/bronzing product was RMS Beauty's Buriti Bronzer which definitely set the standard very high. In comparison, Nars' Matte Multiple in Altai is much less creamy than my Buriti Bronzer and instead has a thicker (slightly less easy to blend) satin feel. Altai is also a very different colour, it's much more orange rather than bronze and definitely looks more stark against my pale skin. I find RMS Beauty's Buriti Bronzer to give my skin a really natural looking warmth that Nars' Matte Multiple in Altai can't quite replicate. I've included photos of me wearing foundation with just Altai under my cheek bone (where I'd normally contour) so that you can see the colour and look that it gives my cheeks.

One Little Vice beauty Blog: Nars Matte Multiple Altai Swatch Review
One Little Vice Beauty Blog: Nars Matte Multiple Altai Review

As you can see, it's an awkward colour but it isn't entirely unusable or unsuitable for very fair skin but it just gives a very specific look. I didn't buy this Matte Multiple expecting it to offer an ashy, natural-looking-shadow, contour. Since I cut talc out of my makeup bag I've struggled to find bronzing products and Altai fills a gap in my collection. I don't think it is necessarily the most flattering contour product for me at the moment, but I'm hoping that it will be a nice alternative to my Buriti Bronzer during the summer months when my complexion is always considerable warmer. I think it's satiny finish will be longer lasting for when the weather is warmer, and I'll be reaching for it to help shape my face and add some colour across my forehead and cheeks. For now, I'm using it with a very light hand.

Would I recommend it? I'm going to say it right now - I do not think that Nars' Matte Multiple in Altai is worth £30. I bought mine for £17 in LookFantastic's January sale (it's currently still available at this lower price) and I think that the quality of the product reflects that lower price point. I'm already a massive fan of cream products, I like how easy they are to apply and their more natural looking finish. However, Nars' Matte Multiple is a bit too satin-y for me. It's thick formula means that I can get a lot of wear out of the small amount of product in the tube, but it does make it harder to work with and if you're in a rush you may risk a slightly heavy-looking finish. Overall, I definitely prefer my RMS Buriti Bronzer but I am still happy to have a new product to alternate into my routine (as beforehand I was using the Buriti Bronzer every single day). Next up on my wish list is Illamasqua's Cream Pigment in Hollow, which is a much more straightforward ashy-toned contouring product and is also much more affordable than the full-priced Matte Multiples at £17.50.


Share:

9 comments

  1. hi dear, it seems a very good product..
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, think I'll pass on this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it will be good for everyone!

      Delete
  3. This is quite a warm shade, perhaps too much for my skin. But it does look lovely on you, even if you're not keen on the satin!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that it really depends on how I wear it - if I opt for a darker foundation then it can look really good

      Delete
  4. I completely feel your pain! I want to give a bronzer a go but the shade ranges in talc free products don't seem so varied. So many of them are too warm or orange toned. I'll have to look at the Illamasqua pigment xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! It's difficult. I do think that the illamasqua pigment I mentioned is a good choice though

      Delete
  5. This looks lovely on you, I'd be too scared to use it on my transparent skin. The nicest bronzer I've tried is Soap and glory solar powder(?) but I'm not sure about the talc content :(

    Dannie x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would probably be too orange toned for you - I have to wear it with my summer-foundation shade for it to look natural x

      Delete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig