UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

February 05, 2015

My Travel Skincare Picks


In case you didn't already know, I've been in Greece for the last ten days now. I haven't really blogged whilst I've been here as I had some posts scheduled but I decided that I'd share the skincare products that I decided to bring with me on holiday. This isn't my "normal" skincare routine as I'm using up some of my minis and sample sizes in an attempt to limit how much stuff I brought with me. However, I have been using some really lovely products so I thought I'd share them with you today.

Skin & Tonic Steam Clean

I love this cleansing balm! It's gentle and effective, and it's "local" to London which I really like. I brought this with me predominantly to use as my makeup remover as it's incredible at removing heavy eye makeup. I've finished this up during my time here in Greece and now I'm keen to try more of Skin & Tonic's products.

Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

Oh Murad! If you're looking for a chemical exfoliater to incorporate into your routine then I'd highly recommend this one. Murad's skincare isn't exactly "purse friendly" but it performs at such a high standard. I've been using the AHA/BHA Exfoliating cleanser twice a week and I think that it leaves my skin looking noticeably clearer and smoother. I'm hooked!

Apivita Cleansing Milk

I picked this up in Thessaloniki when I finished my pot of Steam Clean. It's a really gentle and effective cleanser but my god does it sting your eyes! It hasn't been since I used Origins' Pulp Friction that a skincare product has brought me so close to tears. This definitely isn't what you should try and remove your eye makeup with, but it does leave skin clean without drying it out.

Yoso Compact*

I've been trialling the Yoso Compact since the beginning of December and I must admit that I've been left feeling somewhat disappointed. I was really excited by the concept of the device. You use it in conjunction with your cleanser or toner by soaking a cotton pad and applying it over the black rubber head. You adjust the setting according to your skin's needs and then massage your cleanser or toner into your skin as ionic technology works to draw impurities out of your skin. In theory, it offers a deep cleanse that's still gentle on your skin - working to reduce blackheads and leave you with clearer skin. However, I haven't really noticed any improvement in my skin that would justify incorporating the Yoso Compact into my routine. It is incredibly easy to use, and it isn't too much hassle to adjust the way you cleanse your skin, but in my experience I can't say that it would be a good way to invest your money. I think I'll probably stop using this when I get back home!

Murad Essential C Day Moisturiser SPF 30*

I was very kindly gifted some Murad products after my recent skincare consultation at Kingston's John Lewis, this Moisturiser was one of them! In short, it's incredible and I'm already hooked. It feels quite thick when you first apply it but it just disappears into your skin and leaves it feeling as though you've also used a primer, it just leaves behind the loveliest finish. I'm also loving that it has SPF 30 as I'm trying to make a concerted effort to protect my skin from further sun damage.

Murad Advance Active Radiance Serum*

I must admit that I haven't reached for this serum everyday, but it's supposed to be used before the Essential C Day Moisturiser. It's another lovely product and does a lot for my skin. I can see myself getting completely hooked on this range.

Hydraluron

I didn't have much product left in my tube so I brought this to use on my flights to and from Greece. Sadly it didn't stop my skin from going completely mad and I completely broke out after I got here. But I have been reminded of how much I used to like using Hydraluron. It has such a unique texture and leaves your skin feeling almost sticky which you'll either love or really hate. I'll be finishing it off on my flight home.

Origins Make A Difference +

I really love Origins' Make A Difference range and I've been using this as my night cream. It has that gorgeous minty fragrance that the entire range shares and I find that it offers the perfect amount of hydration. I don't think it would be heavy enough for those with dry skin, but for oily or combination skin types it would probably be perfect for the summer months.

ESPA Optimal Skin Pro Serum*

These days, I can't go without a skin oil for long. I find that they just do things for my skin that other products can't achieve. ESPA's Optimal Skin Pro Serum is the only "travel sized" skin oil I had in my stash and I am so happy that I brought it with me. I've actually used it up whilst I've been in Greece and I've loved how quickly it absorbs into my skin. Dannie from Famous in Japan describes this as 'a new face in a bottle' and I'm minded to agree with her - it really does revitalise even seriously tired looking skin.

Another Murad beauty - it's the perrrfect eye cream to use in the morning. It has a really unique bouncy, mousse texture and leaves behind a slight residue under the eyes that I think works really well as a primer for concealer. I've really been enjoying using it so far and I'm looking forward to seeing if it can help improve my dark circles as in clinical trials it has been shown to improve the look of dark circles up up to 48% with continued use. Here's hoping it works that well for me!

Balance Me Radiance Face Mask*

I mainly brought this with me so that I could introduce my friend Sophia - who I'm staying with out in Thessaloniki - to Balance Me's skincare products. She's not a blog reader or beauty buff but she does love trying new products and I'm always very happy to introduce her to products that I really like. We did a face mask together the other day and she really loved the way this left her skin looking and feeling, I think we might have another Balance Me convert!


What skincare products are you using at the moment?


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig