UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

July 28, 2015

Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Palette Review & Swatches

drugstore contour palette: one little vice beauty blog

one little vice beauty blog: ultra contour palette review
one little vice beauty blog: drugstore contour palette


Makeup Revolution very kindly sent me their brand new Ultra Contour Palette* a couple of days ago, and since then I've had a lot of fun trying it out. I'm a big fan of subtle, everyday contouring - I mean, who doesn't love adding a bit of shape and definition to their face! The palette is priced at £8.00 and contains eight different powders - three contour shades, three lighter "highlight" shades and two merged baked highlighters. I think that the range of shades is pretty good, although I don't think they'll work for very dark skintones. However, for my fair complexion I've already identified a couple of favourites!


drugstore contour palette: one little vice beauty blog
drugstore contour palette: one little vice beauty blog


All four of the powders in this half of Makeup Revolution's Ultra Contour Palette swatch really nicely and feel very soft and buttery.  I particularly like the two darker shades on the top row, they swatch really nicely and look really lovely on the skin. I find them a little bit dark against my skin, but I do like mixing these two shades together and using them on my eyes (I'm wearing them in my photos in this post). The palest bright highlighter shade is my least favourite shade in the entire palette as it has quite a bit of noticeable glitter. 


one little vice beauty blog: drugstore contour palette
affordable contour palette: one little vice beauty blog


The second half of Makeup Revolution's Ultra Contour Palette contains some of my favourite shades. The lighter brown (on the far left of my swatches) is the perfect contouring shade for fair skin and I'm wearing it in the photos in the blog post. It's not only an incredible shade but the formula is really nice too, very soft and buttery and effortless to blend. All of the matte powders (so everything apart from the merged baked highlighters at the left hand side of the palette) have this same buttery soft texture. It feels so much more expensive than the price-point and I think it makes the palette incredible value for money!


one little vice beauty blog: affordable drugstore contour
one little vice beauty blog: drugstore contour palette swatches


If you'd like to see the three countour shades swatched together then see the above photo - they're swatched in the same order as they appear in the palette in my photos. The middle shade is much ashier than the others which makes it perfect for light/fair skin. The other two shades are darker and they are quite similar, however, one (on the far right) has a red undertone and the other looks slightly more yellow/orange toned. All three have great pigmentation (slightly better than the lighter shades in the palette) and blend really easily on the skin.


one little vice beauty blog: drugstore contour


Overall, I'm incredibly impressed with the shade range and the quality of Makeup Revolution's Ultra Contour Palette*. I think that for £8.00 it represents fantastic value for money and is an unbeatable drugstore contour palette - I just don't think you'll find anything better! The powders do contain talc which is an ingredient to which I'm sensitive, so this will never be an everyday product for me. However, I love the quality and the shades and if I could use it everyday then I probably would!

Share:

9 comments

  1. I need this!!

    Lauren x | www.laurenselwood.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally a drugstore contour palette with matte highlight shades! That's always been the letdown for me with other palettes, they never have that banana shade, which is one of the things I look for in a contour palette. I can't believe this is only £8, will definitely be picking this up!

    www.livinglifeindocs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need to get my hands on this one. Nice to see a great drugstore option.

    Becky X

    http://beckylovesxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This palette is just fantastic!
    So beautiful shades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good review. Didn´t knew this palette. Indeed its a great deal. tks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how the they all swatched! Thanks for the review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just added this to my cart. Banana shade looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review!! I need this product,It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this!! Just bought the palette today and looking forward to doing my own review :*

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig