UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 28, 2015

January Beauty Empties

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: January Empties 2015

Welcome to a seriously tasty instalment of sharing-my-used-up-beauty-products. I didn't write an empties post for December - I was really ill for about two weeks over the New Year and it completely threw off my schedule. BUT, the good news is that this month's post is absolutely packed full of goodies. I've finished some really wonderful products over the last couple of months which I'm obviously I'm sad about. However, when you finish a product you can tell if you really liked it because you notice it's not there anymore. Well, quite a few of the products in this post are those sorts of products which means I've found some keepers! 

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: January Empties 2015


available online or in Lush stores for £9.95
I received this as a birthday present last summer and although it isn't a scent that I'd have chosen for myself the heavy jasmine aroma of Flying Fox is actually pretty sexy. I found that the scent did last better on my skin than with other shower gels, and I'd reach for it whenever I wanted to follow up with a slightly heavier, muskier perfume. I think that Lush's shower gels are generally a bit overpriced but there are a few scents (including this one) that I could see myself repurchasing.

available online from Escentual for £5.10
This is a really light and easy absorbed hand cream with an incredibly delicate rose scent. I like carrying these Roger & Gallet Hand and Nail Creams in my hand bag, partly because they look lovely but also because the formula is better for use on-the-go than at night before bed. 

available online at £25 for 75ml
I was sceptical, really sceptical, but I can attest that this really did help me sleep. I don't know if it's a placebo effect but whenever I used this spray I did fall asleep quicker and I would sleep more deeply than when I didn't reach for it. I think it's an expensive lifestyle extra but it might be worth it if you really do struggle to sleep - I know that when you're in that position anything is worth trying, and this actually might help. That being said, I won't be repurchasing this immediately but I would definitely consider buying it for a friend or family member if I thought they could benefit from using it.

available online at £8.99 for 200ml
I really love the sandalwood scent of this line from Urban Veda. The Soothing Body Scrub wasn't a favourite of mine but it still did a good job of gently exfoliating the skin. I think I tried my favourite product from the range - the Soothing Exfoliating Facial Polish - first, leaving me with very high expectations. However, if you're after a cruelty free body scrub that's SLS free AND comes in hard wearing packaging (it won't look funky even after months in your shower) then you might just like to check it out.

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: January Empties 2015

available online at £12.59 for 30ml
This is the only foundation that I've finished since I started blogging. It offers medium-full coverage depending on how you apply it, and I find that it lasts all day on my skin without ever going patchy or emphasising the dry or oily parts of my face. I've already repurchased a new bottle (in the next shade along - Sand Beige).

available online at £5.99 for 250ml
I've used this shampoo for what seems like ages and it's been a constant favourite. It always leaves my hair soft and shiny and has never weighed it down. I really like L'Oreal's no sulphate range and the EverRiche range is particularly good - I'd also highly recommend the matching conditioner, especially if you have particularly dry hair.

available online at £6.50 for 100ml
I really, really like this conditioner. It has an incredibly light feel to it but it does a wonderful job of revising dry ends without weighing hair down. If you want something easy to use without nasty ingredients then I'd definitely recommend it. I'd like to repurchase the larger size once I've used up the other conditioners in my collection.

available online at £19.95 for 200ml
I would definitely repurchase this cleanser - it was one of my favourites from 2014. It strikes the perfect balance of being gentle and calming whilst still getting the job done and leaving my skin clear and smooth. If you have combination skin that's a bit difficult to manage, then this is a nice all-round cleanser from a lovely brand.

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: January Beauty Empties 2015

available online at £5.50 for 15ml
I liked this face mask quite a bit! I'm all in favour of chemical exfoliants and this AHA mask did a good job of brightening my skin without ever feeling too harsh. I think that the price is definitely right for the quality of the product and a small 15ml tube lasts quite a few uses - roughly six. I think that if I was to repurchase it I'd opt for the larger 60ml tube which offers better value for money. All this being said, I still prefer Elemental Herbology's Facial Glow but at the moment it's still unaffordable for me.

available online at £10.20 for 300ml
This wasn't my favourite body scrub. I found that it had quite a liquid formula with very large exfoliating particles and the whole thing just didn't work how I would have liked it to. Additionally, although the packaging looks cool it is almost impossible to use in the shower. It might be better for those taking baths, but I can't recommend it for fellow shower lovers.

available online at £18.99 for 30ml and £22.99 for 30ml
I was very kindly sent samples of both of these oils and I'd just like to say they they're really, really nice. They're not like other facial oils I've used before, they seem to have a little bit more oomph to them which my skin loved. If you want oils that won't sit heavily on your skin and will instantly get to work softening and smoothing then you might just want to give OV Naturals a try. I definitely preferred the Rose Geranium Oil - it had a little something extra to it, and it smells beautiful!

available online at £11.50 for 15ml
I got through this pretty quickly because it was my go-to lip balm for most of November and December. It has a really thick, hydrating formula (similar to Lanolips' 101 Ointment) and I loved the mini tube, it was perfect for popping in my handbag. I'd definitely recommend this and I'd quite like to purchase a full size.

available online at £59.00 for 10ml and £35.00 for 75ml
These are two seriously expensive skincare products, so it makes me sad to say that they're both really, exceedingly nice. I particularly liked the eye cream which was really thick and hydrating and seemed to completely overhaul the look and feel of my area. I'd absolutely love to purchase a full size but the RRP is incredibly expensive. The exfoliant paste was also really nice, creamy with very fine micro-exfoliating particles that didn't overdo it. I'd recommend both to anyone looking to begin an expensive skincare habit!


Have you tried any of these products before? Have you finished anything this month that you'd recommend trying?

Share:

7 comments

  1. I really liked this post and your review of each product has made me one to go out and buy one of everything!
    Love the Dr Lipp too. I found it really hard to get out of the tube though, did you?

    Sophie x
    www.booksandbeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the L'Oreal sulphate-free range. It's been amazing for my hair! The pillow spray is another one of my favourites, although I don't think I could justify paying for it myself. It's perfect for a gift though.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely want to try the Deep Sleep spray after all the hype :) I love the formula of the Revlon Colourstay too xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on reaching all of those empties! Isn't it such a great feeling? :o)
    ChicAndAlluring.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You used up lots of products I'd love to try! I'm using the Bee Good cream cleanser at the moment - I love the honey aspect of it but I think I prefer Green People's cream formula! xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a nice collection of empties! I haven't tried any of these products before, but the Deep Sleep spray sounds interesting. I'd love to try that as I often have problems falling asleep. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I haven't tried Revlon Colorstay foundation yet! I am definitely going to try it after your recommendation. And also definitely trying out that Urban Veda scrub, looooove a good scrub <3 <3 We've recently done an empties post, please check it out if you get the chance :) http://beautifulbedlamblog.com/?p=657

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig