UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 06, 2015

Feeling-Better Beauty

Mount Purious Rosehip Oil Aromatherapy Associates Revive Lanolips 101 Ointment

The day after Boxing Day I caught some sort of London "bug" and spent the next week feeling completely and utterly gross, doing very little apart from recuperating. As a result, I've spent the majority of my time since then either in bed or on my sofa feeling pretty darn sorry for myself. Other than seriously binging on Netflix very little has managed to brighten these sick-days. However, there were a few beauty bits that I kept reaching for to make me feel and look considerably better.


Aromatheraphy Associates Revive Morning Bath and Shower Oil*

I was very kindly sent this shower oil the week before Christmas - it's almost as if someone knew what was coming! I don't have a bath at home and I must admit that at first I was a bit sceptical about these bath and shower oils, they're a ubiquitous blogger favourite and although they may be pretty they're also very pricey. However, after walking around for a week with a head that felt the size of a melon I can sincerely attest to the sheer pleasure of an essential-oil fuelled shower. The Revive Morning Bath and Shower Oil* really did perk me up, almost unbelievably so! I would pour a capful of oil over my torso and arms pre-showering and what transpires is that the hot water releases all the magical, uplifting and sinus-clearing essential oils (of grapefruit, juniper, rosemary and berry) which instantly made my head feel clearer and lighter. I can only imagine how lovely these oils would be in a bath. At £40 a bottle they're definitely an investment, but with each bottle containing 20 capfuls you can easily monitor your usage to get the most for your money, plus over time they actually work out as a more cost effective investment than many of Lush's bath bombs. Personally, I'm giving the Revive Oil a very big thumbs up and I'll definitely be reaching for it whenever I'm not feeling totally myself. Pro-tip: this would be perfect for anyone who parties a little hard over the weekend and needs a regular monday morning pick-me-up.

Lanolips 101 Ointment  Mount Purious Rosehip Oil Review

Mount Purious' Organic Rosehip Oil*

I've been using this for just over a month now and it's become a morning and evening skincare staple that just keeps my skin soft, smooth and all-out happy. It's a wonderful organic rosehip oil - it's much lighter than the Fushi Rosehip Oil I was previously using and it sinks into my skin very quickly but with all the same great results. Over time rosehip oil does a fantastic job of evening out skin tone and rehydrating dry or dehydrated skin. I have combination skin but I found that whilst I was ill my skin was much more dry and dull than usual and this skin oil made a big difference in how my skin felt. If you like easy, straightforward and effective skincare products then I'd definitely recommend incorporating rosehip oil into your routine. Mount Purious' oil is the best one I've come across if you want a product to use day and night and I particularly like using it because I really like the brand's ethos. They're a really environmentally responsible company, they're cruelty free and vegan friendly, they support organic farming and they also give 10% of their profits to charity. If you want to invest in good skincare from a really good brand then I'd definitely point you towards Mount Purious.

Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask

When I'm ill I almost always get bored, and when I'm bored I always go looking for a face mask to use - its the best beauty time-killer. Antipodes' Aura Manuka Honey Mask was definitely one of, if not my absolute, favourite face mask of 2014 and I reached for it twice whilst I was ill. It smells gorgeous and always leaves my skin smoother, fresher and more glowing. It's also ridiculously easy to remove, so it's perfect to use even if you're feeling grouchy and gross. 

Lanolips 101 Ointment*

I don't know if you've ever experienced the discomfort of a really sore I've-blown-it-one-too-many-times nose. Well, that was my hell for the first few days of not feeling well, until I started slathering Lanolips' 101 Ointment* all over my face. It's an almost instant cure for dry, cracked and sorry skin and next time I'll crack this out of the tin as soon as I reach for tissues. If you have dry lips, a dry nose, dry elbows, a patch of eczema on your collarbone (oh, that's only me?), then you can reach for Lanolips' 101 Ointment* and know that it's going to improve your symptoms pretty darn quickly. I love Lanolips' range (especially their Herbal Body Oil and Intense Rose Balm) but the 101 Ointment is the handiest multipurpose product that they stock.


During that week, apart from my cleanser (I'm still using Murad's Essentical-C Cleanser*) and shampoo and conditioner (Toni & Guy's Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner for Normal Hair*) I didn't really use much else beauty-wise (although I did doll myself up for New Year's Eve). Do you have any beauty bits that you reach for when you're not feeling so good?

Share:

8 comments

  1. I adore Aromatherapy Associates and Lanolips, both great picks :)

    Sian | Siân Marie Beauty
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Lanolips and that Bath & Shower oil sounds a-mazing! Hope you're feeling better now :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen - totally recovered now thankfully xx

      Delete
  3. Obsessed with Lanolips and loving the look of that shower oil! x
    Madeleine, The Daily Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw sorry to hear you were ill over Christmas! Can't wait to try the MP Rosehip Oil! xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I haven't posted it to you yet I just was so ill and have had to catch up on a lot over the last week! It's a priority for the next few days though :) x

      Delete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig