UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 23, 2015

My First Murad Facial

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: Murad Free Facial Review

At the beginning of the week I was very kindly invited to John Lewis Kingston to visit their Murad counter for a complimentary facial - an experience that is often made available to John Lewis customers! I was greeted at the counter by Felicity who expertly talked me through Murad's products and explained the holistic ethos of the Dr. Murad's company - the idea that skincare is only 20% of the solution and the other 80% has to come from healthy living. 

It was fascinating to have my face properly scanned and to actually see what my real skin concerns are. I was very happy to see that my eye area is much less dehydrated than it was when I had my skin scanned by Balance Me in December (regularly using eye cream makes such a difference), however, Felicity did help me identify that my real skin concern is pigmentation caused by sun damage. The only real way to battle this is to religiously apply products containing SPF, but she did also inform me that products containing high concentrations of Vitamin C can also really help minimise the appearance of dark marks and pigmentation. Murad actually has an entire Vitamin C range - I've been using their Vitamin C Cleanser since the beginning of December and it was one of my favourites from 2014 - and I'm really keen to incorporate more of these products into my daily routine!

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: Murad Free Facial Review

However, my actual "facial" consisted of Felicity pampering my skin with a full skincare routine based on my scan. I was sat in an incredibly comfortable reclining chair, that despite being located in the beauty counter still felt surprisingly private and quiet. The treatment included a double cleanse using two of Murad's cleansers (Murad's AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser followed by the Essential C Cleanser) followed by a facial treatment (the Blackhead & Pore Refining Duo). Felicity talked me through all the different products and made me feel incredibly comfortable with the entire process. When we'd finished my skin really did look much brighter and I felt great. I'd highly recommend the entire experience, especially as they're often available in John Lewis free of charge! It's a really great way to try out products before buying them and it's also just a wonderful treat that will leave you looking and feeling great.

I have to say a big thank you to John Lewis for arranging the entire experience for me, and to Felicity who was so friendly and knew so much about Murad. It was lovely to come across someone so passionate about the brand they work for, she knew the answer to every question I threw her way! If you have a John Lewis near you then I'd definitely stop by the Murad counter next time you visit to ask about their facials. They'll honestly be more than happy to help you.


No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig