UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 25, 2017

Simple Winter Skincare

one little vice beauty blog: Day & Night: Current Skincare Basics

Over the last couple of months I've enjoyed the same simple and effective routine. Every morning and evening I cleanse my skin with Acorelle's Youth Protecting Cleansing Oil (£17.00), and then I follow up with either a gel/cream moisturiser in the morning or a balm/oil in the evening. I haven't really used any serums (which is unusual for me), but I've enjoyed this minimalist approach - and so has my skin.

onelittlevice beauty blog: skincare basics day

Day creams are usually where I am my most fickle, but recently I've fallen head over heels for Peter Thomas Roth's Cucumber De-Tox Bouncy Hydrating Gel ($48.00). This moisturiser is quite hard to find in the UK, and I managed to buy mine as part of a Peter Thomas Roth cucumber gift set that I spotted for a bargain price in TK Maxx. In retrospect, I wish I could have scooped up more, as this is probably the best gel-moisturiser that I've ever tried! It has a unique texture and leaves skin with a matte, almost primer-esque, finished. It's the perfect product to use before applying foundation as it does a great job of helping to even out my complexion. I think that this consistency of moisturiser better suited to those with normal or oily skin, and even my skin can sometimes crave something more hydrating. Once my pot runs out it's unlikely that I'll be able to repurchase it right away, so I plan to replace it with something from Antipodes (which is one of my favourite skincare brands).

one little vice beauty blog: skincare basics night

During the summer months of 2016, every evening I used Herbfarmacy's Mallow Beauty Balm (£18.00) to great effect. It's a fantastic natural balm, which left my skin feeling plump and healthy without ever causing breakouts. However, more recently I've been very loyal to a product called Egyptian Magic (£29.00), an all-natural balm made from a very short list of ingredients; olive oil, honey, bee pollen, royal jelly and propolis extract. This is the product that I've been the most impressed with. I apply the balm to my skin in the evenings, as it sits a little too heavily on the skin to use in the morning before applying makeup - but don't let this put you off it! Although it doesn't absorb into my skin instantly like some lighter oils might, I find that Egyptian Magic makes a dramatic impact on my complexion. Since I began using it I've looked more radiant and healthy, and I've only had a couple of (Christmas chocolate related...) blemishes. I know that it's a very hyped "cult" beauty product, but I'm happy to say that Egyptian Magic has still managed to exceed my expectations. It is a simple, natural product that's available at a very reasonable price. Although it is sold in what sounds like a deceptively small (118ml) quantity, you have to remember that most facial moisturisers come in 50ml pots so you're actually getting more than twice the amount of product than you might expect from another brand. All in all, Egyptian Magic has become a staple in my routine and I can see myself repurchasing this again in the future.

one little vice beauty blog: current skincare basics day and night

Finally, the last product in my every day skincare routine is Kiehls' Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment (£20.00). I have to admit, I'm not the best at remembering - or bothering - to use eye cream, but whenever I do reach for it I notice a difference in the appearance of my under-eye area. I used Balance Me's Wonder Eye Cream for a couple of years and really enjoyed my experience with the product. However, I'm soon turning twenty-five and I have the beginnings of fine-lines and dryness under my eyes. I think that Kiehls' Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment is perfect for this time in my life, as it delivers just the right amount of hydration without feeling heavy or greasy. I think it's safe to emphasise that this really is a creamy and thick eye cream, and a little goes a long way. For me, this really helps to justify the price-tag (which I know isn't that expensive, but can feel like a lot to fork out for such a tiny pot of product) and I think I would repurchase it again. However, like with my day cream, I'll be swapping in an Antipodes eye cream next.

What are your essential, everyday skincare products? 
Have you tried any of mine before?
Share:

1 comment

  1. I have heard such good things about the Kiehls eye cream- must try it!
    www.flareaforte.com

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig