UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

November 07, 2014

Beauty Before Bed

night time skincare routine before bed

This post is going to be talk you through my bedside beauty stash. Some months all you'll find here is a stack (a literal stack) of lip balms, other months it will be hand creams but sometimes I fall nicely into a little bedtime beauty routine, and that is exactly what I'm going to be sharing with you today.

First up is the night cream that I inevitably forgot to apply after my facial oil. I pulled Vichy's Normaderm Night* out from the depths of my stash last month and I'm a day or two away from finishing it for good. I'll be sad to see this go, it's a lovely balancing night time treatment for oily, blemish prone skin that's on the more sensitive side. Another product I always forget to apply is eye cream, so I've been keeping my Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream* close by for last minute applications. I've been really enjoying using this and I've noticed that my under eye area has become noticeably softer and is more hydrated since I started using it last month. Next up I pull out my This Works Deep Sleep Plus Pillow Spray and gently douse my bed linen in its lavender scent. I find that this does actually help me fall asleep as the scent is very calming. Whilst enjoying the aroma I move on to the last steps in my routine, which are always applying a lip balm and hand cream. I'm currently loving Malin+Goetz's Lip Moisturiser because it is incredibly thick and hydrating and seems to stay in place for an exceedingly long time, giving my lips every chance to drink up. I'm trying to use up my Roger & Gallet's Rose Hand and Nail Cream* because it's been lingering in my collection for about a year now. It isn't super hydrating but it has a pleasant delicate scent and sinks in quickly which is exactly what I want at the moment because afterwards I normally reach for a book!


Have you tried any of the products I've mentioned? What products do you reach for last thing at night?

Follow me via: [Bloglovin] [Twitter[Facebook]
Share:

16 comments

  1. I'm getting so lazy with my own bedtime routine. I try to use an oil/serum on a night and a thick moisturiser to replenish what I've lost during the day/give my skin some TLC. I've been using the balance Me eye cream too and it really helps with my puffy eyes on a morning!

    Dannie x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loveee lavender scents before bed! My mom taught me that growing up, thanks for the reminder :) Following you on instagram, bloglovin & gfc now!

    Chelsea
    Chowing Down by the Bay

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only used eye cream after washing my face, never thought of using it before bedtime. Thanks for the idea!

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks similar to what I have next to my bed - always have to lip balm and hand cream as a minimum! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love having a little stash of stuff next to my bed - means I always remember to use it! I have been into my hand cream and lip balm at the moment as my hands and lips are so dry, such a pain! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love every single one of these brands, so I've got to try these! Malin + Goetz is incredible, and I've also heard wonderful things about This Works:)

    Simplicity Relished

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try the this works pillow spray, I love Lavender scents!
    Rachel x Sparkles and Starlight

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lip balsam are always a staple in my winter bedtime routine. The Balance Me eye cream sounds amazing and I am on the hunt for a good eye cream. I dunno what it is about the This Works pillow spray but I can't stand the scent of it and instead of helping me sleep I just get frustrated x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also keep a stash of stuff in my night stand. A hand cream, foot cream and lip balm. I've never tried any of the products you mention but the Roger & Gallet Rose Hand and Nail Cream has caught my eye. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. great post! i will be trying some of these products out for sure!! thanks for stopping by on my blog doll! loving yours stay in touch :)


    This Girl Loves Chic 

    Facebook : ThisGirlLovesChic 

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Balance Me Wonder eye cream sounds lovely, I've been trying to use eye cream more too but I keep forgetting!

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the comment on my blog.
    These products sound good, defo have to try them out. Lovely post

    www.mandybajwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really need to try the Vichy Normaderm, I seem to always wake up and look in the mirror to see a couple of pesky blemishes and it can be incredibly annoying when you take the time to really look after your skin and spend a lot of money on expensive skincare products. The Vichy is so affordable and it seems like it provides great results too, definitely going to try this out soon!

    Meg at Meg Says

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Vichy sounds right up my street, I'll have to check it out. I've also been enjoying the Balance Me eye cream :) it has such a nice consistency and is so hydrating! x

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  15. I simply cannot be without the This Works Pillow Spray, you should definitely check out their Deep Sleep Dream Cream, it is such a gorgeous product, I'm already on my second tube and have just picked up some bath salts from the same range :)
    Phoebe xx
    www.phoebetea.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig