UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

October 30, 2012

BUDGET BEAUTY #5: MUA Lipstick Shade 11


MUA's £1 lipsticks are a budget beauty must try. At the moment there are 16 shades in the range and there is a varied selection of shades to suit a variety of skin tones. I own four MUA lipsticks but Shade 11 was the first one I bought and it remains my favourite.


The lipstick's packaging is black and silver and although it is distinctively plastic and cheap it doesn't feel as cheap as it could for being a £1 lipstick. I've had no problems with my packaging breaking, I can still twist my lipsticks up and down without a problem and the lid hasn't cracked or anything like that. 



The lipstick itself is good quality for the price. As you can see from the swatches above it provides opaque colour in two layers but one layer of lipstick can be applied for a lighter, more natural wash of colour. It feels a lot like a lip balm on the lips and doesn't last very well, only an hour or so, before needing to be reapplied. With Shade 11 I don't find this something that bothers me though as this shade is very much a 'my lips but better' colour (when just applying one layer). I tend to use this lipstick on days when I'm not really wearing much make up but still want a little help looking my best. 






Lastly, at the end of the lipstick is a small pot of colour which is actually a little but of extra lipstick. So when you see these lipsticks in Superdrug stores you can trust the the colour at the end of the lipstick is an accurate representation of the product as it is actual lipstick!  You can try and use this little extra bit of lipstick but, as you can see in the photo above, I had a go at using it and it was quite dry and only came out in a lump. It's a nice idea though and it makes it really easy to find the right shade when you're picking out which lipstick you want from your collection.

All in all I would recommend trying these lipsticks (especially 11, as I think it has the best colour and quality of the four that I've tried) because for £1 these products are good value. You can buy them in Superdrug stores where there is a MUA stand, on the Superdrug website or on MUA's website here.


Have you tried any MUA lip products, if you have what is your favourite?

Angelica
Share:

14 comments

  1. Definitely another great bargain.. I own shade one red shade 4 or something pink and then "juicy" the peachy one :) cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 'Juicy' too, not a massive fan of it though tbh. It feels completely different to 11 on the lips! x

      Delete
  2. I love the MUA Lipsticks, so cheap and cheerful! I must try this shade next!
    Your nails are gorgeous btw! How did you do them?
    I just found your blog, I'm a new follower. Would you mind stopping by my blog too?♥
    MissJammyxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, I painted my nails a red/black shade and then used MUA's Nail constellations (can't remember which one though, sorry!) I'll definitely check out your blog :) xx

      Delete
  3. Only £1?! Ridiculous! I know where I'm heading tomorrow :p

    xo,
    Lela - www.LelaLondon.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Plus Superdrug have 3 for 2 on all cosmetics at the moment so you could get 3 products for £2! x

      Delete
  4. my mua lipsticks never seem to look all that great on me, it a shame! by the way I love your caviar nails! <3

    aisforayla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shade 11 is the only one that I love of the 4 I own, the others don't have as good a quality feel to them. And thank you :) I used Mua's Nail Constellations x

      Delete
  5. i haven't tried any mua lipsticks yet, i was looking at them today though!

    naomijadex5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always head towards the Mua stand when I'm low on cash but want a little treat :) x

      Delete
  6. Such a pretty shade!! :):)

    apoorvathinks.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like MUA lipsticks, they are such good quality. I have a couple, and I use the little pot of extra lipstick with a lip brush to line my lips :)
    Xxx
    Makeup-ramblings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig