UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

June 17, 2017

Monica Vinader Petra Stud Earrings Review

onelittlevice lifestyle blog: jewellery review

Say hello to my latest jewellery acquisition.
I don't know about you, but I think that they're pretty beautiful.

These are my second pair of Monica Vinader earrings, and they're the Petra Stud Earrings in Moonstone with gold-plate.

When I was looking into what Monica Vinader earrings I might like to buy next, I was really drawn to the Siren range which is quite classic with lots of smooth, round shapes. However, as the last pair of Monica Vinader earrings that I bought were the Siren Wire Cocktail earrings, I thought that I would try something from a different collection. 

one little vice jewellery review

Monica Vinader's Petra collection really stood out to me because of its three-dimensional semi-precious stones and the asymmetry of the gold-plated fittings. I love that the moonstones in these earrings jut out from their frame, and I think that the overall design is very cool whilst remaining understated and wearable. They are everything that I would want from a slightly more expensive jewellery purchase; they're subtle, stylish and versatile. 


Monica Vinader regularly update their stock selection to include new gemstones, but, at the moment, the Petra range is only available in moonstone and pink quartz. Of these two choices, I really felt that the moonstone studs would suit my complexion better and that their neutral colour would be easier to style. I don't know if I would have been quite as happy with my purchase if I had chosen the pink quartz, unless I really felt confident that I would get a lot of wear out of that shade of pink. This is definitely something I consider when purchasing "everyday" jewellery, as I don't want to buy pieces that will be hard to match with the rest of my clothing and accessories.

onelittlevice jewellery review

I have worn these earrings quite a few times now, and I find them to be very comfortable. As they are quite small they are also quite lightweight, so I don't feel them in my ears throughout the day. After reading a couple of worrying comments online about the security of Monica Vinader's earring-backings, I was a little nervous that the earrings might fall out of my ears throughout the day without me realising. However, before I wore them out of the house I did a few tests at home where I removed my jumper and tied up my hair and the earrings always stayed firmly in place. Although I will certainly be careful whilst wearing the Petra stud earrings, I haven't had any issues over the last few weeks and I am now satisfied with how secure they feel. 

onelittlevice lifestyle blog: jewellery review

If you're looking for a pair of earrings that you could wear all the time, for any occasion, then I think that the Petra Stud Earrings are a really great choice. They retail for £115 (unless you can eventually find them discounted in a seasonal sale) and this feels like an appropriate price for this level of quality and design. 

I'm a really big fan of Monica Vinader jewellery and I've been very happy with the pieces that I've bought so far. If you're looking to invest in some jewellery then I would highly recommend checking out their range online or in one of their boutiques.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig