UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

September 02, 2017

Trying a New Organic Body Oil

one little vice beauty blog: organic september

I use body oils nearly every single day, and they're most definitely my favourite product when it comes to keeping the skin on my body feeling soft and hydrated. Recently, I picked up a new body oil  and it's from a Lithuanian brand that I hadn't previously heard about - You & Oil

There were many aspects about the product that encouraged my purchase. Firstly, I really liked how the product packaging looked online. The oil is housed inside a bottle made from opaque white glass, and this comes inside a cardboard box with a unique nude-to-green fade design. Considering the price of the oil, the packaging lives up to my expectations - and it tells me everything that I need to know about the product. 

Another thing that I really liked about this You & Oil Body Oil is that 100% of the ingredients are natural, and 99.8% of the ingredients are from organic farming (with an EcoCert certificate). If you're looking to replace your current body product with something more natural, then you can't do much better than a product with percentages like those. Additionally, this body oil retails for £22.00 (I picked it up on sale for £13.80 here), so it's actually quite a bit cheaper than many natural luxury body oils, eg. Nuxe's Huile Prodigueise (£29.00/100ml)

onelittlevice beauty blog: organic september

You & Oil's Nourish and Vitalise Dehydrated Skin Body Oil isn't, howeever, a product without faults. The spray mechanism that disperses the product isn't suitable for the consistency of the oil. The oil is thick and nourishing, and when you pump the spray it disperses a thick stream of oil rather than a fine spray. I find that this makes the spray redundant, as it is best to apply this product using your hands, and the dispersal mechanism does let the product down.

When you get down to what is actually inside the bottle, all of the ingredients are actually very nice indeed - and the list is short and full of recognisable names. The majority of the product is made up of; sweet almond oil, apricot kernel oil, three essential oils and vitamin E. The essential oils in the product are noticeable, and they haven't aggravated my sensitive skin, but it might be something to consider if you have any skin conditions or sensitive areas. 

All in all, I do quite like this You & Oil organic body oil - but I am glad that I bought it during a sale and didn't have to pay the full reccommended retail price. The oil itself is very nice, but the user experience doesn't match up to other similar oils in the £20-30 price range. I would purchase other products from the brand in the future, but that's because I value choosing natural and organic brands - if this isn't a concern/interest for you, then you might prefer to spend your money elsewhere.

one little vice beauty blog: organic september
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig