UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 30, 2013

January Empties



I finished 5 full size products this month (one of them being Lush's Oatifix Face mask, the name rubbed off the label) which isn't too bad as I've been a little bit all over the place with products lately. I'm just going to do little mini reviews below as well as including links to any full reviews I've done of any of these elsewhere!


Clarins Moisture Rich Body Lotion: I think I actually inadvertently stole this off my Dad as I don't remember buying it (sorry Dad!) it's a lesson for those in my family, leaving beauty products in my bathroom at home is ill advised! This is a gorgeous moisturiser and has really helped with my dry skin over the last couple of weeks. I intermittently suffer from eczema and I started suffering from it again early on this month, it's nearly all gone now (probably thanks to this moisturiser). This Body Lotion is thick and intensely hydrating but sinks into the skin quite quickly. You can tell it's full of good ingredients as you skin is baby soft after use and if I could afford to I would definitely repurchase this regularly and I'd definitely recommend it to those with very dry skin.

laidbare DIY Two in One Cleanser and Toner: This is a fantastic cleanser, it's done an excellent job of keeping my skin clear over the last 6 weeks. I'd highly recommend it and would definitely repurchase it. If you'd like to know more about it you should read the full review I wrote last month, it's a lovely product from a lovely brand.

Soap and Glory's Heel Genius: I received this for Christmas as part of the 'Best of All' gift set. It is a lovely product, it's excellent at what it does. I love the minty smell of it and the consistency is somewhere between a gel and a cream which feels very refreshing. I'd definitely repurchase this (although it isn't a HG status item). 

Dove's Hair Therapy Intensive Repair Express Treatment Conditioner:  I love this conditioner, it really does a fantastic job of getting your hair soft and shiny. It's quite a heavy product so it really is for those with quite dry hair. I enjoyed using it and have another version of this lurking in my stash. If you're on a budget this is a great product that I'd definitely recommend trying, it might not be the best conditioner ever but I think it probably is the best budget conditioner that I've ever tried. I would repurchase this in the future but for now I've got quite a few conditioners in my stash to be using up.

Lush's Oatifix Face Mask: This is a lovely face mask aimed towards those with dry skin. I have combination skin so it isn't really a product 'for' me but I still really enjoyed using it. It helped hydrate my skin and improved its brightness as the oats gently exfoliate when you remove the mask. The smell is also absolutely gorgeous, I love oat-y scents. I'd definitely repurchase this, although I have a couple of other masks to try before I'd get this again.


So those were the products I used up this month! Not many but I think next month I might get through more as I have quite a few half-used products lying around. None of these are products I feel an immediate need to repurchase but I enjoyed using them all and would certainly love to use them again in the future.



Have you used up any products this month that you're going to be running out to repurchase?

Share:

9 comments

  1. I like the brand Laidbare, I've got a few empties this month so I'll be doing a post soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I love Heel Genius, and it lasts me for ages! Although I always seem to slip over on my wooden floor after using it.. haha!! xx
    Gem ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha! Foor creams are dangerous aren't they! I got through it quite quickly to be honest, but I did use it daily so that's probably why xx

      Delete
  3. Love these types of posts with mini reviews!

    www.bethbabblesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love that Dove conditioner, definitely my favourite budget hair product by a mile! Really need to get some more of it! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic isn't it, and it's so cheap! I couldn't recommend it more highly for dry or damaged hair. They also have one for Coloured hair too which is just great xx

      Delete
  5. Everytime I see you mention the S&G Heel Genius I decide that I need it! Well done on finishing so much this month though!

    Midnight Violets Beauty Blog


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it, and it does a fantastic job. It isn't a product that moves mountains though, so to speak. I'd definitely recommend it but it isn't a new HG of mine xx

      Delete
  6. Heel Genius sounds so nice :) I've never actually used anything on my feet before but now I want to start x

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig