UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

March 25, 2017

4 Affordable Body Care Products

one little vice beauty blog: affordable drugstore body care products

Not so long ago, I wrote a blog post about L'Occitane's Almond Milk Concentrate, which is undeniably my favourite body moisturiser. However, you should definitely know that alhtough I moisturise every day, it's not always with a L'Occitane product. As much as I wish I could, I just couldn't afford to nurse that habit! L'Occitane is reserved for special occasions - especially date-nights, where I like to think that the sexy almond scent does me some favours -and on other days I rely on my more affordable products to keep my skin soft and smooth. Today I'm going to review four of the affordable body care products that I've been using, which I hope will help you if you're looking to get great value for money.


one little vice beauty blog: affordable drugstore body care

Let's start with an oldie but a goodie - & Other Stories Body Scrub (RRP £10.00). I've featured this product before, but many years ago, and I'm still repurchasing it. I like really scrubby body scrubs, I don't want it to slip off my body and go straight down the plughole without having made a difference to my skin. I particulalry rely on bodyscrubs to keep the tops of my arms soft and smooth, because otherwise I get those little keratosis pilaris bumps which can make me feel a little self conscious. No body scrub totally gets rid of them, but & Other Stories is generally my favourite because I think it does the best job. However, don't expect it to leave your skin feeling really hydrated after use. When you rub the product into the skin it slightly foams up, and this has a drying effect, but so long as you follow-up with a moisturiser then you're left with a great result. Overall, this is great for an intensive exfoliation and I like it best for use on my arms and legs, as it's also a good one if you're concerned about cellulite. 

I'm not currently using coconut oil, but it became an absolute staple in my beauty routine between October 2016 and February 2017. I got through about four tubs of the stuff, and I managed to trial a coupleof different brands. So far, the Lucy Bee Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil (RRP £6.00) has definitely been my favourite. I picked mine up on a trip to Sainsbury's and I love how accessible a product it is compared to some of my other favourite body oils, from brands like Fushi. What made Lucy Bee's Coconut Oil stand out to me is that it absorbed really nicely into my skin and left it feeling particularly nourished with a gorgeous texture. Not every coconut oil sinks in as well, and this is important if you want to speed up you beauty routine and still get great results. I know that coconut oil is edible but I've never used mine to cook with, however, if the Lucy Bee twitter account is anything to by the the brand is also well-loved for culinary purposes!

onelittlevice beauty blog: affordable drugstore bodycare products

In my post about "bath time" I mentioned that I'd been using the Sanex Advanced Hydrate 24h Bath Cream (RRP £3.99). This has been my affordable bath product option for the last couple of months, and it's been great for days when I just wanted to have a hot, relaxing bath, and couldn't be bothered to make my bath into a big flamboyant instagram-worthy affair. It's great for creating lots of bubbles but it doesn't do quite as much for my skin as some of the other bath products that I enjoy using. Nevertheless, I like Sanex products because they typically keep my sensitive skin happy and they're easy to find and affordable to repurchase!

I've had a bit more luck with the Sanex Atopicare Body Lotion (RRP £5.99), which I've been using for the last month. It's advertised towards extra-dry and reactive skin so I felt confident that it would work for me. It has a light consistency and it sinks in to the skin quickly and easily. It doesn't really feel super-nourishing like a body butter or cream might, but the results have actually been pretty good. It doesn't keep my skin moisturised for more than a day (which some more expensive oils or creams might) but it does leave my skin looking and feeling lovely. If you're looking for an affordable drugstore body lotion that's quick and easy to use then this is the one I'd currently recommend. It isn't perfect, but for price it is certainly good enough.

Have you tried any of these products before?
What drugstore body care products would you recommend?

SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig