UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

February 16, 2015

Spring Makeup: Blushing Beauties

one little vice beauty blog: Kevin Aucoin Creamy Glow, Nyx Tickled, Mac Brit Wit, RMK Powder Blush 04
One Little vice beauty blog: spring makeup blush picks
(clockwise/left to right: Kevyn Aucoin, NYX, RMK, Mac)

This is the first in what is going to be my spring makeup mini-series - where I share the new beauty products in my collection that I think work perfectly for fresh-faced spring make-up looks. I'm kicking it off with spring blushes and I thought I'd share the range of shades that I'll be reaching for a lot in the coming weeks.

Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Glow in Liquifuchsia*

I thought I'd kick things off with a punchy pink! At first glance Liquifuchsia is a quite an intimidating shade, it's a bright, bright fuchsia but it comes in a seriously gorgeous cream formula that sets down into just a slightly powdery finish. This means that you get all the blendability of a cream product and you can really sheer the colour out until you're happy with the finish. However, you also find that it lasts really, really well and doesn't slip, slide or transfer anywhere that you don't want it. I find that if I buff or stipple this blush slightly higher on my cheeks than I normally would, the finished effect is a really bright, fresh-faced look. You don't even really notice the colour either, as the pink-glow it offers isn't at all stark after a bit of blending. In short, I am in love with the formula of Kevyn Aucoin's Creamy Glows and I think that its price is entirely justified. I also find that it works quite well as a lip colour (I shared a photo on twitter of me wearing it) so I might justify getting another shade on the basis that they're a great multi-tasking product.

NYX Cream Blush in Tickled

I picked this up whilst I was in Greece and it's actually my first NYX Blush. Tickled is a gorgeous shimmering coral colour that reminds me of Sleek's Powder Blush in Rose Gold and Nars' Powder Blush in Orgasm/Super Orgasm - they all have that pretty, shimmery thing going on for them that just makes your cheeks glow. I find the formula of Tickled really thin and sheer (much sheerer than the higher end cream blushes I'm used to), however, this means that you can really build the colour up to the exact finish you want. You won't ever overdo it and end up looking like a doll. It's really easy to apply and blend and the finished look is incredibly brightening and pretty. This is a great budget option and I'm really glad I have it in my collection, I'd definitely like to try more of these blushes in the future.

RMK's Vintage Candy Cheeks Blush in 04*

In comparison to the other blushes I've swatched you might think that RMK's Vintage Candy Cheeks Blush isn't quite as pretty or enticing. However, on my cheeks it does something really special to the way my face looks. It effortlessly adds shape, colour and definition - as well as helping to reduce the natural red-tone of my "english rose" cheeks. Not only do I find the packaging adorable but the colour is sophisticated without being ageing. If you want simple, everyday makeup that's easy to apply and will leave you looking fabulous every time then RMK's Vintage Candy Cheeks Blushes are the one to go for. I like pairing it with a minimal, glossy lip and big winged-out black eyeliner - simple maybe, but oh so chic.

Mac Cremeblend Blush in Brit Wit

I chose Mac's Brit Wit as a Christmas present as I was charmed by the elegance and simplicity of a neutral-pink blush. I thought it would be an easy and natural looking way to add some shape to my face without over-loading it with colour - especially as red-lipsticks been my obsession for the last two months! I was entirely right. Brit Wit is a gorgeous shade and the formula of Mac's Cremeblend Blushes is really nice - it's not as sheer as NYX, and less powdery than Kevyn Aucoin. It reminds me of a cross between Illamasqua's Cream Blushes and Stila's Convertible Colours - not as thick as Stila and not as thin and slippery as Illamasqua. Basically, it's a gorgeous formula that's easy to blend, lasts just long enough (especially if you add a bit of translucent powder) and acts as a perfect "finisher" to any makeup look featuring bold, bright colours on the eyes or lips.


Do you like the shades I chose - which of them is your favourite? 
What blushers will you be reaching for this spring?

Share:

6 comments

  1. Instant Liquifuchsia love, but Brit Wit is what I would actually spend my money on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the swatch of the NYX one - cream blushers are so pretty for this time of year :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to start using cream blushers again! Since it's been colder I've been using powder because the colour is a bit stronger and deeper xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look so lovely! Thanks for the swatches! xoxo

    www.blograyofsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The RMK blush looks interesting! The Mac shade is gorgeous x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig