UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

September 26, 2012

BUDGET BEAUTY #2: Herbal Essences- Seductively Straight Heat Protection Intensive Cream

Last week, with my debit card freshly loaded by my Student Loan, I went shopping for odds and ends (it always amazes me how much stuff you need whenever you move house) and during the course of the day I found myself in the 99p shop in the city centre. Although I only found one thing I wanted that one item has actually turned out to be surprisingly good. 





As part of my mission to take better care of my hair I've been using this cream religiously since I bought it and I've found that not only does it make my hair incredibly (and when I say incredibly you have to imagine the real emphasis I want to convey) soft but it also really has made a difference to the quality of my hair. The ends of my hair tend to get extremely dry and frazzled if I overdo it with my use of heat but because of my use of this cream, regardless of all my hair drying, straightening and curling this week, my hair hasn't become lackluster. Usually I combat this problem with a deep conditioning mask once, or even twice, a week with my hair's ends noticeably getting dryer in between, but this product has kept my hair looking shiny and well-loved in-between my ususal Sunday pampering sessions.

As for usage, a little bit of Herbal Essences Seductively Straight Heat Protection Intensive Cream really goes a long way. I pump one small pea size amount of the cream onto my fingers, rub my fingers together and then massage this into the bottom third of my hair, paying particular attention to the ends. I have tried using this product all over my hair (for complete hair protection) but I found that if I do so the product sits a little heavily, so I tend to turn to a lighter, non-creamy, spray-in heat protector for the upper part if I am going to blow-dry my hair.

All in all I'm really glad I picked this up as I haven't used a Herbal Essences leave-in product before (my usual leave in conditioning product is from Toni and Guy) but as usual Herbal Essences have not let me down. If you're looking for a budget heat protection/conditioning leave in cream then have a scour of your local 99p or Pound shops because this little beauty is quite a find.

I picked mine up for 99p and as far as I have deduced from my online surfing this cream is only available online from Tescos for the higher price of £4.39. Still worth the money in my eyes but the allure of a product for £1 or under is strong!


What is your favourite leave-in hair cream?

Angelica

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig