UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

September 24, 2012

REVIEW: Ren- Vetiver v7 Body Cream

A while back I got a little 15ml sample of this product with a magazine and I didn't really give it any thought at the time but my oh my how I wish I had! 


Ren is a company that produce what they call 'Clean Bio Active Skin Care'. They don't include parabens, petrochemicals, synthetic fragrances or synthetic colours in their produtcts, which makes them a great choice if you're looking to clean up your beauty regime and reduce the number of chemicals that you use on your skin.

The ever popular Moroccan Rose Otto Body Cream
The Ren body cream that I hear the most about is the Moroccan Rose Otto Body Cream (which I have to admit is very lovely indeed) but there seems to be a sad lack of interest in this other, and in my opinion anyway, equally nice moisturiser. 

Vetiver v7 is more lightly fragranced than the Moroccan Rose Otto Body Cream and has a scent that is quite difficult to explain, it has a slight citrus edge but isn't really sweet. I personally really like it as the scent very gently lingers on the skin so doesn't overwhelm you and because it doesn't smell like anything else I own so its a nice addition to my overflowing collection of body creams and lotions. 



The texture of the cream is very similar to the Moroccan Rose Otto Body cream but it is just a tad thinner and less rich. It absorbs into my skin very very quickly and leaves no greasy residue whatsoever. It leaves the skin with a texture that no other body cream that I've tried does, its like a moisturised matte texture; thanks to the Shea butter and Jojoba oil my skin feels really soft and incredibly smooth after use. 

As for the packaging, the Vetiver v7 only comes in 100ml plastic bottles which might be too small for some people's liking. I personally like the size as it makes it a perfect product for travelling with and it sometimes even ends up in my handbag as I have a naughty habit of using this as a hand cream (naughty because I have endless hand creams to use up as it is). The plastic is thick and durable, and as the bottle indicates that it is recyclable which is another plus.

Overall, I really do love this Body Cream and if I finish this bottle before Christmas I will without a doubt be putting this on my Christmas list.

Ren's Vetiver v7 Body Cream is available online for £9 here.



Do you have a favourite Ren product?


Angelica

Share:

2 comments

  1. I've never tried Ren but the Vetiver sounds interesting. I love citrusy body creams. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do recommend Ren as a brand, everything I've tried from them has been good quality. I'm going to review one of their 'tester' kits next week which includes six of their bestselling products, I've found it a great way to try their products to see if you'd want a full size x

      Delete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig