UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

September 24, 2015

Autumn Makeup Updates: Dark Nude Lipsticks

one little vice beauty blog: bobbi brown, revlon, green people


Autumn leapt upon us this year and on only September 2nd I found myself reaching for a coat! With the changing seasons I've decided to be have a bit of a makeup-shakeup and I think I'll be changing quite a lot of my makeup routine - but I'm starting with my lipstick. This year I've spoken ad nauseum  about my love for RMK's Drop Gloss in 04* (£14.50) and Maybelline's Color Drama Lip Pencil in Nude Perfection (£4.99) and I'm still not "over" the nude lipstick trend. I am, however, opting for darker, richer colours that really seem to compliment my fading summer tan. Today I'll be talking through three lipsticks all with different undertones and very different formulas. These are the best dark-nude lipsticks in my collection and I'm really looking forward to wearing them more.


one little vice beauty blog: dark nude lipstick for autumn
one little vice beauty blog: dark nude lipstick autumn

I picked this lipstick up in a Fragrance Direct beauty haul earlier this year and I haven't gotten a tremendous amount of wear out of it yet, I'm hoping autumn will change that! Brownie is a very pretty pink-toned-brown lipstick that's ever so slightly darker than it looks in my photo above. Although it definitely pulls towards the pinker end of the spectrum, against my fair skin it does still look like quite a dark-nude lipstick. That being said, I do really love how it looks (especially with the paired back makeup I'm opting for these days) and the formula of these Bobbi Brown lipsticks is just gorgeous. If you love really creamy lipsticks that still feel lightweight on the lips then these are for you. A big thumbs up for this lipstick shade and formula and I'd definitely like to try more from Bobbi Brown in the future.


one little vice beauty blog: dark nude lipsticks autumn
onelittlevice beauty blog: dark nude lisptick

I hadn't planned on buying any more of Revlon's Matte Balms but I recieved this as a free gift with purchase when I bought my Real Techniques Nic's Picks Brush Set and I was surprised by how much I loved the shade. It might not "technically" be correct to call Sultry a dark-nude as it has a very ruddy undertone, but it's just as easy to wear as a nude lipstick as it seems to work with everything. The formula of Revlon's Matte Balms is really creamy, so these lip colours effortlessly glide onto your lips effortlessly and offer an opaque and intense colour. Sultry does a great job of hanging around and I don't find that I need to re-apply it that often throughout the day. I find that unlike some of the lighter colours in the Matte Balm range, Sultry ever so slightly stains my lips which helps it to look even as it fades. If you have very dry lips then I do think that the formula of the Matte Balms won't work for you. Even though they don't feel very matte or drying when you first apply them I do find that throughout the day my lips start crying out for moisture. I don't think that Revlon have quite perfected this creamy matte formula, but I do still think that it's a great product for such an affordable price. I'd definitely recommend Sultry to those who want to steer clear of brown-toned nude lipsticks as this red-toned shade is incredibly wearable and it doesn't look OTT during the day-time. Personally, I'm hooked.


one little vice beauty blog: dark nude autumn lipsticks
one little vice beauty blog: dark nude lipsticks

Green People Instant Definition Lip Crayon in Praline* (£12.95)

Although it's a close call, I think I like Green People's Lip Crayon in Praline the best out of these three products. It feels like a mature upgrade from my Maybelline Lip Pencil in Nude Perfection - both in terms of its richer, darker colour as well as it's thicker and creamier formula. It's a very brown-toned nude lip colour but I still find it surprisingly flattering on even my fair skin. I'm a big fan of brown-toned nudes as they're easy to pair with any sort of blush or eyeshadow, so long as you inject a little bit of colour into your complexion with another product these sorts of dark lipsticks can be very easy to wear! If you're after a new natural lipstick then I'd definitely recommend these, I really love how easy they are to apply and how comfortable they are to wear. Unfortunately Green People only make these lip crayons in three shades, but the other two are also very pretty if Praline doesn't quite tickle your fancy.




What do you think about these three shades? 
And what lipsticks do you think you'll be wearing this autumn?
Share:

4 comments

  1. I love the Revlon colour burst balms, I haven't got many darker shades though so I might take a look at this one.

     Photo-Jenn-ic 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Revlon Matte Balms, but I havent tried this shade. It looks gorgeous, and perfect for autumn :)

    Lillies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shades fit you perfectly and are great for autumn! I love the Bobbi Brown one, it's absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig