UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

November 06, 2014

Lush's Baked Beauties: Let the Good Times Roll and Yog Nog

christmas baked skincare body care

I've called this post "Lush's Baked Beauties" because both of the products that I'm going to be talking about today smell like warm, sweet, Christmassy baked goods and I just can't get enough of the smell. If you like to smell like freshly baked biscuits (and I realise this won't be to everyone's tastes) then these two Lush products need to be on your radar!

natural cleanser and soap smells warm christmassy

Lush's Yog Nog Skin Drink

I guess I better just admit it right now… I bought this purely based on the scent. It smells so sweet and comforting that I just couldn't pass it by in the shop. Yog Nog is one of Lush's Limited Edition festive soaps and it's particularly milky and hydrating compared to some of the others I've tried. It lathers up quite nicely when used in the shower (I've been reaching for this over standard shower gels lately) and I find that it not only leaves me feeling clean but it also leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft. With ingredients like Soya Yoghurt and Coconut Oil I find it far more hydrating than many shower gels and I'd definitely buy it again! Available from Lush for £3.40/100g. 

Lush's Let the Good Times Roll Facial Cleanser

I've been keen to try this product ever since last year when I fell in love with Lush's Buche de Noel Festive Facial Cleanser. Let the Good Times Roll is another of those sweet and warming scented products that I'm absolutely lovely now that the weather has become decidedly more autumnal. You mix a small amount with water until it turns into a paste and then gently massage it into your skin. It's a scrubby sort of cleanser but the very gentle type that leaves skin smooth and soft rather than red, dry and sore. I am really loving the results this has been giving me, my skin looks more even and is definitely looking brighter since I started using it. Now that Let the Good Times Roll is available all year round I would be very happy repurchasing it and using it throughout the year! Available from Lush for £6.75/100g.


Have you tried either of these products before? 
What's on your Lush wish list? 

Share:

24 comments

  1. The facial cleaner sounds really nice, I don't think I've ever seen it in the shops, I'll have to check it out.

    http://worldbloggers.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sounds like I'm overdue for a lush trip!

    xo
    www.style-wire.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heaven! Love these :)
    xo
    Anastasia
    http://natbeesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving everyone's Lush buys - they're all giving me ideas! That Yog Nog skin drink sounds dreeeamy!

    Drea xo
    Drea's Junkyard

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of these products, they just smell of Christmas to me x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yog Nog is so good isn't it. I have a little bit of it as I split it in half with a friend however I'm considering buying another block of it before it sells out.
    Amy | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've recently bought the face masks from there. Will have to try out the facial cleanser too
    Reinventing Neesha ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look delicious enough to eat! It doesn't help that I skipped breakfast this morning. >_>
    xx
    Jenny
    www.mishmoshmakeup.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cleanser looks amazing and totally different to anything I have ever tried before. Need to suss it out in the store soon x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks lovely. I love Lush but I do think their prices are quite high. :-( X
    www.lemontierres.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely want to pick up the Yog Nog soap, I think the scent would win me over completely!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post. Never been tented by Lush before but for sure I'm going to pay them a visit ;)
    Kisses
    Janina

    http://geaninafodor.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like great products. Lush has some great stuff

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am obsessed with Yog Nog, I love it and have to stop myself from taking a bite!!!

    Em

    Em's Mixed Bag.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. That title is making me want to eat them! I'll have to have a smell of them on my next trip to Lush :) xx

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine // Blog Sale

    ReplyDelete
  16. These both sound really lovely, I picked up three festive bath bombs today and I'm loving how festive and nice they smell.

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've not tried either of them but I do like the idea of the fresh baked biscuit scent :) it's not a christmas product but I need some more porridge soap from Lush, love that stuff!

    Heather x
    http://heatherrrrm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. These both sound so good, especially anything with a biscuit scent!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have Yog Nog and you're right, it's so warming! I picked it purely for the Christmassy scent, but I'm happy it's so moisturising!
    sirensandbells.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  20. The facial cleanser sounds nice but I'm gonna be controversial here... Hope you don't mind. :) Although I really like the scent of Yog Nog, I really didn't like the soap itself. Didn't find it moisturising at all and I actually feel like it barely lathers. Really not happy with it and might start using it just as a hand soap, unfortunately. :-/ x

    Speaking Beauty UK | Nars, Urban Decay, YSL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, the skin drink sounds interesting! I can't wait for Christmas and all Christmassy things to do this year! :) x

    NIKIMINT

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never tried Lush, but I do love their packaging, and these products sound great.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love lush!, Ive heard alot about the 'let the good times roll' one. I think I might try it now too :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. My favorite is the regular Skin Drink because I have such dry skin and it has sesame oil so its so moisturizing, also the Rose Jam soap smells like heaven in a bottle x

    sabrinnax.com | fashion beauty and everything under the sun x

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig