UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

November 15, 2015

Review: Panasonic ES-WH80 Hair Removal System

onelittlevice beauty blog: IPL Treatments at Home



The Panasonic ES-WH80 Hair Removal System* is an at-home "IPL" hair removal system - essentially an at-home laser hair removal tool. IPL (intense pulsed light) systems work by emitting pulses of light, the heat of which kills the cells that grow new hair follicles. You target specific areas of your body by slowly moving the device across your skin. As you press the head of the device against your skin it automatically flashes, and you then continue to move it across to a new area of untreated skin and repeat the process. It's quick and easy - but most importantly it's effective.


one little vice beauty blog: at home IPL device


I was very kindly sent the Panasonic ES-WH80 Hair Removal System* to review, and it's one of two at-home IPL devices that I've been trialling for the last few months. I've used each of them on different sides of my body and being able to trial two has given me a great insight into how different systems work and the different benefits they each have to offer. All IPL hair removal devices are costly as it's a relatively new technology, but it pales in comparison to the high costs of laser hair removal treatments done at private clinics. The Panasonic ES-WH80 comes in at £349.99 (which is a fairly typical price), but it isn't suitable for all hair-types and it's not recommended for use on facial hair. Ideally, I'd want a hair removal kit that I could use on all my unwanted hair, so that's something to bear in mind when you're considering which one you might purchase.


onelittlevice beauty blog: IPL at home review


On the back of the Panasonic ES-WH80 Hair Removal System's box there's an illustrative guide which highlights which skin types and hair types the device is suitable for. As you can see, it isn't suitable for everyone and it's important to identify if it's a product that could work for you before investing in it. I have very fair skin and mid-brown hair, so it is suitable for me to use. Inside this box you recieve a ES-WH80 handset, a charger, a comprehensive instruction book and an additional spare bulb for your handset (although I didn't personally recieve one of these in my trial kit). I really loved how easy it was to charge the handset and the device was very portable, making it perfect for storing or transporting. It's a lot more practical for regular and consistent use than the other device that I've been trialling, and that's one of its really big benefits.


one little vice beauty blog: IPL Treatment at home review


The Panasonic ES-WH80 has five different intensity settings, which you're supposed to gradually work through - starting at one and working towards five. With each increase in the intensity setting the heat becomes greater, more effectively damaging the hair regrowth and providing better and more longlasting results. However, I personally found that even the first intensity setting was quite hot and a little uncomfortable to use, especially compared to the other device I've been trialling. It took me a long time to get used to the heat on the first intensity setting, so I'd only very slowly work towards setting five. I am aware that this is probably due to my skin's sensitivity and this won't necessarily be the case for everyone.


onelittlevice beauty blog: IPL device at home


Does it work? The short answer is yes, yes it does! The results have been noticeable and consistent. I have come to think of these sorts of treatments as at home laser hair "reduction" rather than "removal", because they haven't entirely gotten rid of all my hair but they haves still made a considerable improvement in reducing the amount that grows back. My hair takes longer to regrow and when it does grow back it's thinner in texture and lighter in appearance. It only took about four or five weeks of regular treatments to see that there was a difference, and with continued use I'm still very happy with the results. I can see myself comitting to regular IPL treatments and I feel confident recommending the Panasonic ES-WH80 Hair Removal System* based on the results I've experienced, and on it's easy to use design. I think that if you're considering investing in an at-home IPL system then the Panasonic ES-WH80 has a lot to offer and is definitely worth considering.


one little vice beauty blog: review IPL at home


You can find the Panasonic ES-WH80 Hair Removal System* at Boots for £349.99

Share:

3 comments

  1. Pricey but sounds like a good investment. Love your review of this. Yes hopefully they will bring one out for the whole of the body
    Carrieanne xx

    Beautiesunlocked.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, thank you for sharing.
    Loved this presentation.
    http://helenamybeauty.over-blog.com/2015/11/une-balade-au-souk-concours-international-a-stroll-to-the-souk-an-international-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking about getting something like this, thank you for the great review! It's pretty pricey, but it seems like a good investment.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig