UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

November 07, 2015

Autumn/Winter Bodycare: Fushi, Botanicals & Burt's Bees

onelittlevice beauty blog: fushi, botanicals, burt's bees



Dry skin is an issue for me year round, but in the winter I really have to step up my game to keep my feeling hydrated and looking healthy. During September I added some new bodycare into my routine and it's really been helping fight the effects of the changing weather and the drying central heating!


onelittlevice beauty blog: natural and organic winter bodycare


The first things I started using were two new body oils from Fushi; Fushi's Sweet Almond Oil (£8.50Fushi's Fractionated Coconut Oil (£7.50). Over the summer I'd been using a bottle of sweet almond oil that my friend Sophia had brought be back from Greece. It was the first time I'd ever used pure almond oil and my skin absolutely loved it! When I'd used that bottle up I instantly thought of Fushi for my repurchases, they're an affordable organic beauty brand and their products are easily available online from FeelUnique. The Fushi Sweet Almond Oil isn't quite as thick and nourishing as the one I was previously using, but it still leaves my skin feeling much, much better. The Fractionated Coconut Oil was a random addition to my basket purely because I wanted to give it a try. I've never used coconut oil before and I liked the idea of a liquid formulation, I think they're always easier to use than solid oils - especially for all over the body application. Overall, I think that these are both great value products and unless I spot anything else I'd like to try instead then I can easily see myself repurchasing these. (One bottle will last me roughly one month.)


onelittlevice beauty blog: natural and organic bodycare


Another addition to my bodycare arsenal has been Burt's Bees Peppermint Foot Lotion* (£12.99). I get really dry skin all over my body and feet are no exception! I'm really into pedicures and just keeping my feet looking as glamourous as possible year round. Foot creams are an easy product to introduce into your routine (I usually slather them on before bed) and as a particular fan of minty scents I always enjoy applying this. I find that the texture is hydrating but it isn't too heavy or oily and it absorbs into my skin pretty fast. Plus, the mixture of peppermint oil and menthol feels really cooling and relaxing on the feet, making the application much more of an experience than just another cream that you've got to apply. Even after only a month or using it I can really tell that it's made a difference, and I really look forward to using it, so I'd definitely repurchase it (or maybe look into the trying Burt's Bees other Coconut variety) when I finish it up.


one little vice beauty blog: natural and organic bodycare
onelittlevice beauty blog: organic bodycare for winter


There are some bits of skin that are more stubborn than others and for me that's my elbows and my knuckles. The standard bodycare kit just doesn't cut the muster and I like to reach for something intensely hydrating such as Botanicals' Lavender and Chamomile Soothing Salve* (£15.95) or Botanicals' Orange Blossom Body Balm* (£25.95). Both of these products are gorgeous, they're all natural with a high organic content, and these balms melt into a richly hydrating oil that seriously nourishes even the driest of skin. I like the smell of both products but the Orange Blossom variety feels more luxurious and is slightly less intrusive on the senses; you enjoy the fragrance but it's somewhat more delicate than the Lavender Salve. For my areas of dry skin Botanicals' balms have been a bit of a life saver. I've been using for a long time now (the longest out of all the products in this post) and not only do I really enjoy using them but I think that they're incredibly effective. I'm really happy to have discovered Botanicals' organic skincare and it's one of those brands that I know I want to explore more. If you're looking for a gift for someone this Christmas then I think that these would make a wonderful choice!


What bodycare have you been reaching for this autumn?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig