UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

September 24, 2014

The Library of Fragrance's Cologne Spray in 'Snow'

alternative fragrance winter scent

Recently, I was given the opportunity to pick a fragrance from over 100 different scents offered by The Library of Fragrance. Their 'library' of scents contain many that I've never seen anywhere else before, including (to name just a few of my favourites) Gin and Tonic, Lychee, Espresso, Gingerbread and Rain. Out of the many exciting scents to choose between I spotted Snow* and I couldn't wait to see how The Library of Fragrance would try and represent snow as a fragrance.

To me, the promise of a snow-scented perfume is like being offered the essence of winter to bring out and play with whenever I'm having a bad day. The reality of the scent is a little bit different to what I expected, but it is in no way disappointing. I find  that the Library of Fragrance's Snow scent encapsulates the smell of throwing open the front door on a cold winter morning. The fragrance captures how the chill of snow is intermingled with the freshness of the outdoors and the escape from the musk of central heating. For me, it captures the scent of cold outdoor air. I like it, but I know that it wouldn't be to everyone's taste. 

It's a very subtle scent that won't overwhelm you but the outdoorsy-ness of it simply won't win everyone over. If I had to give the fragrance a name of my own I would call it 'A Winter Walk'. This is because that is exactly what it reminds me of, all the snowy, winter walks I've taken with my family over the years. All in all, I'm pleased with the choice I made but the most beautiful thing is that these scents are designed to be used together. The Library of Fragrance has so many wonderful scents in its collection that you're bound to find something you like and if you find yourself drawn to more than one scent then you can use them together to create a stronger and more complex personalised fragrance. You can find the full catalogue of scents online here or a smaller list is available online and in Boots stores for £15* (currently on offer for 2 for £25).


Do you like the idea of a Snow scented fragrance?
What scent would you most like to see turned into a perfume?

Share:

8 comments

  1. I have this perfume and love it - it's such an unusual fragrance. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the sound of this :) I wonder if they do any chocolate scented perfumes because if they do, I need it!

    Danniella x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing and must smell so different from everything else! Will be looking at their library to see what other scents they do :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today I tried thunderstorm and grass, they're so good! Grass for me was far more spot on, I'm going to try a couple more tomorrow.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to try this! Lovely blog, just followed you! Would love if you checked out mine sometime xx

    www.aimeroseblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many I wouldn't know which one to choose. I do really like the bottles as well - perfect for putting in your bag or simply for having on your dressing table and I love the simple design of them.

    itsclolow.blogspot.co.uk

    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are so many I want to try! These ones initially caught my eye - Bulgarian Rose, Fresh Coconut, Incense and Whiskey Tobacco x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have Lychee on it's way to me and can't wait to smell it! There's so many others I want to smell too, including Vanilla Cake Batter, Honey and this one :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig