UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

September 29, 2014

September Beauty Empties



It feels like only yesterday that I was writing my Summer Empties post (which was pretty hefty…) and now here I am with a whole load of new used-up products. As much as it may appear that I'm constantly accumulating new products, I do get through them and there are some products and brands to which I'm incredibly faithful. In this post I'm going to be featuring products from Lush, Origins, Roger & Gallet and L'Occitane, all of which are brands from which I repeatedly find myself picking up new products. I'm also excited to have another product from Urban Veda to share with you, I think they're a fantastic brand and their products too often go unmentioned. I've tried their entire Sandalwood line (I won a twitter giveaway a few months ago) and it is really good, their facial exfoliater is awesome and I've enjoyed a number of other products from their line. Anyway… onto the products!

loccitane origins roger & gallet

L'Occitane Almond Hand Cream

Oh, L'Occitane! Shelter my heart, for it is falling deeper and deeper in love with your lotions and potions every single day. If you didn't already know, I am an ardent fan of L'Occitane's Almond range (their Almond Milk Concentrate is the stuff of my dreams). I've made my way through countless tubes of this Hand Cream, multiple tubs of their Almond Milk Concentrate and more than a litre (it may not sound like a lot, but it really is) of their Almond Shower Oil. Honestly, for me there is no present conceivable that would be better than a product from L'Occitane's Almond range. In short, it's a lovely hand cream but I am definitely bias - I think that the consistency is lovely, it absorbs quickly without being sticky and it smells like my own personal almond heaven. 
With Christmas in mind, calling all marzipan fans! - the hand cream is going to be more to your taste than the rest of the line which has a slightly more floral almond fragrance.

Origins Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

This hand cream comes in at the other end of the spectrum as it's rather minty and refreshing. It also has a very different consistency to the L'Occitane hand cream. It is thick but dries very quickly into a kind of matte texture which I rather enjoy because it is unusual in more affordable hand creams. I got this as part of a set last Christmas and have used it sparingly so as to make it last longer. If I hadn't [I originally mis-typed that as hand't and it amused me so greatly that I almost left it in… oh wait] already eternally promised my heart and money to L'Occitane's hand creams then I would definitely buy this again. I certainly would consider this as a gift or stocking filler for a loved one, especially one with a penchant for attractive packaging. 

Roger & Gallet Fleur d'Osmanthus Hand and Nail Cream*

Oh summer, where have you gone… I've used you up! This is summer in a tube and it is just lovely. Roger & Gallet offer the most deliciously beautiful scents that gather you up in their complexity and win you over before you even have time to realise what's happened. I've really enjoyed using this hand cream, the texture is light and easily absorbed and it was perfect for the summertime. In the winter I definitely prefer a more hydrating option because I have perpetually dry hands but if your skin is closer to the 'normal' end of the scale then I'd definitely recommend it.

natural conditioner very effective drugstore dry shampoo

Lush Coolaulin Hair Conditioner

I didn't enjoy this conditioner from Lush as much as I thought I would. Lush has actually discontinued Coolaulin along with a lot of their other Retro products. I found it offered a very good level of conditioning but the smell began to annoy me rather quickly. I think perhaps I'm just not as much of a coconut fan as I once thought I was! 

Dove Refresh and Care Dry Shampoo

This is actually my third bottle of this dry shampoo from Dove, and if that isn't enough to tell you that I really like it then I don't know what is! This dry shampoo gives terrific volume to my hair and although it can leave a white cast if I go overboard, it generally leaves a very natural finish. I don't find it quite as effective as my Lush No Drought Shampoo but it is much easier and quicker to use so I reach for it when I'm in a hurry. I'd definitely recommend it and I will be repurchasing this after I finish road testing two others that I've picked up to replace this (I'll get through them worryingly quickly though, mark my words).

naturel affordable body scrub high end body oil

Urban Veda Soothing Body Scrub*

If you don't know about Urban Veda already then I would recommend checking out their website and twitter. They're a lovely natural beauty company that has skin and body care products for all skin types and the sandalwood line is for oily/combination skin types. The scent is gorgeous, especially for this time of year, and all the products I've tried have been very high quality. I haven't been sent any of their products to review or to talk about, I won them in a twitter giveaway months ago and I just really like them. This body scrub is really lovely, it isn't as hardcore as my longstanding favourite body scrubs from &OtherStories but they're great for an everyday exfoliation, especially for more sensitive skin. 

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse

I got this little trial size bottle of Nuxe's Huile Prodigieuse as a gift with purchase when I bought a full size bottle as a gift. I've been nursing it like crazy because I didn't want to finish it! The scent is totally unique. It's very sophisticated and I always feel like more womanly when I've applied it. In terms of moisturisation I think it does a fabulous job and my skin always looks so much more healthy when I've applied it. I can only have so many expensive vices (especially in my current post-university unemployed state) but I would love to try this again in the future.


What products have you finished this month? 
Have you tried anything that I've mentioned in this post?

Share:

14 comments

  1. All amazing products listed here! I have the Origins product on an ever growing list of things I want to try x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Origins products are perpetually on my wish list! I can't get enough of them x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love the L'occitane hand creams, I never pay full price for them as they're always included with Glamour but it's my favourite hand cream out there and an essential for me in winter. Great post :)

    Love Beth @ BethBlogsBeauty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think next time they're in Glamour I'm going to stock up because I really do adore them! x

      Delete
  3. Wow! You put me to shame on the hand care front! I've put a hand cream into my project pan to try to coerce myself into using it & hopefully taking better care of my hands this winter as a result! You've inspired me, thank you! Xx

    whentaniatalks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am a BIG hand care person - I get such dry hands, especially in the cooler months! Hand creams are an absolute essential to me, I also highly recommend exfoliating your hands regularly because I find this really helps :)

      Delete
  4. Heard a lot about the lush conditioner, sounds fab! X

    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Generally I like Lush products and although it worked the scent just wasn't for me!

      Delete
  5. I love L'Occitane hand cream! I have the original shea butter in my handbag. The almond milk one sounds lovelyyyy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have one of the original Shea ones knocking about :) it is just such a great product. The scent of the almond one really is lovely though x

      Delete
  6. almond hand cream sounds delicious!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // new blog sale

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too go through a lot of products every month. I just used the very last bit of my 'How 'Bout Them Apples?' Cheek & Lip Cream which I just love! Also my Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum, my tres pure face tonic, Sisley Black Rose Cream Mask, Lancer Lift Serum and Estee Lauder Night Repair. I just love all of these products & now I have to shop for more of some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will need to try some of those beauty products.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig