UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

August 23, 2015

Erno Laszlo Hydra Therapy Skin Vitality Treatment Mask

one little vice beauty blog:effective moisture face mask


Erno Laszlo skincare was founded by the eponymous Erno Laszlo himself, who became famous in the 20th Century for treating the skin of European royalty and American celebrities. His list of famous clientele is incredibly impressive and this eventually encouraged Erno Laszlo to launch an at-home skincare range that we can still enjoy today. BeautyExpert very kindly sent me Erno Laszlo's Hydra Therapy Skin Vitality Treatment* to trial and I have a quite a lot to say about this two-step face mask!


one little vice beauty blog: effective at-home facial



The first thing you might be thinking is "oh my gosh, what an expensive product!" Trust me, I thought exactly the same thing and I can't deny that I was sceptical. In my experience, my favourite skincare products tend to be mid-range - not cheap as chips but they don't typically cost the earth either. However, there are a few brands I like that, price-wise, do push the boat out (I'm particularly thinking of Murad - a brand which I really do love). But I have to admit that I can see the difference in my skin when I treat it to these more luxurious products. For me, Erno Laszlo falls into this same category. It comes with a luxury price-tag, but you can see and feel the difference that it makes to your skin and this moisture mask outperformed similar products in my skincare collection from mid-range brands like Origins and Darphin. 

At £65.00 for four applications Erno Laszlo's Hydra Therapy Vitality Treatment isn't necessarily meant to be a weekly treat, it's more like a periodic skin overhaul - an at-home facial. I've used it three times over the last month and every time I've had the same results; my skin is left looking more even in tone and feeling rehydrating and incredibly smooth. It isn't the same effect as a hydrating cream mask, this mask feels a lot more sophisticated and the results I see in the mirror definitely suggest that this is the case. 

The way this two-step system works is that you mix the step one liquid (pictured below) with the step two powder sachet (pictured above) and then you stir this mixture until you get a paste that you can apply to your face. For the life of me, I cannot make the paste completely smooth and even when I apply it to my skin with the provided spatula it is still difficult to get an even application. I think this part of the treatment is a little bit messy, however, once the stuff is on your face it doesn't slip off so you can spend the next 20 minutes doing whatever you fancy whilst it gets to work on your skin. When it comes to removing the treatment you're supposed to be able to peel the mask off your skin. However, in my experience this is really quite tricky. The product is really easy to remove and won't tug or drag on your skin but I tend to give up on trying to peel it off my skin (just because it doesn't quite work how you'd like it to) and I end up reaching for a damp sponge instead. 

The face mask process is a bit slower than I'm used to - and a little bit more complicated - but I do think that it's more effective than the other moisture masks I've used before. But the results are definitely worth the extra hassle.


one little vice beauty blog: effective moisture mask


Erno Laszlo's Hydra Therapy Skin Vitality Treatment* isn't a product that I'd typically buy for myself, but now that I've seen the results it offers I'd definitely consider repurchasing this for myself or for a friend. I think it's a great product to reach for ahead of an important event where you might want your skin to look particularly fresh and glowing. Even with it's high price tag I would recommend it, but definitely for special occasion use rather than as a weekly treat. You can find it online for £65.00 from BeautyExpert.

Share:

1 comment

  1. Wow, that's pretty expensive! Glad to hear it's working and that you're happy with the results. I've never heard of this brand before and I'll definitely check it out.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig