UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 25, 2013

January Birchbox 2013


After the success of my Glossybox I was really excited for my Birchbox to arrive, and I really did have to wait! Nearly everyone else seemed to have received their Birchbox last week but mine didn't arrive until yesterday (I'm going to put this down to the snow but it was still frustrating). Anyway, I did have a sneaky peak at other people's boxes and they all seemed very good. The products in everyone's box this month are really high quality, my only concern was that this meant that some of the samples were quite small- it all depended on what you got sent.


In my box I received four products and a 'lifestyle extra', if I'm totally honest I'm only completely happy about one of these items which is the fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment as it is a product I've wanted to try for a long time now. The other products were disappointing in one way or another (apart from the 'lifestyle extra' which I actually really like).




First up is fresh's Sugar Rose Lip Treatment. I have only good things to say about this product. The packaging is sleek and modern, the product is sheer but not colourless, it applies effortlessly to the lips and it is quite thick without being sticky. It is just lovely, gorgeous even, and I know the fullsize seems pretty expensive at £14.50 but I would definitely repurchase this, I'd also highly recommend it to lovers of sheer lip colours as the quality of this is great. 




The second product is KMS California's Add Volume Volumizing Spray. In theory I wouldn't have been disappointed with a product from this brand as I have heard so many good things about them in the past, however, I am really not one to use volumizing products on a regular basis. It's also a product that you need to use with a hair dryer and I really don't use heat on my hair very often nowadays so I don't see myself getting much use out of this to be honest. Such a shame really!




The third product I received was Reverence de Bastien's Unguent for Nails and Cuticles. Is there a worse word than the word 'unguent'? I really dislike it! But the product itself is quite cute really, it's a pink nail and cuticle balm. I don't show my nails and cuticles much love so this is something that will fill a void in my beauty routine. It certainly isn't something I'd have chosen for myself but I'd glad to try it. I've used it once so far and it was pleasant to use. The results weren't out of this world but with regular use I can see myself coming to like this... unguent (shuddershudder). 




The last beauty product in the box was Wei's Royal Ming firming and hydrating cream. The sample size is absolutely tiny so I won't get much use out of it and I won't really be able to work out if I even really like it or not! Not all that happy about such a tiny sample, even if the product itself is from a luxury brand. I think I'd have preferred a sample size I could use for about a week to actually see if the product worked for my skin. This is another disappointing product in my opinion.




The 'lifestyle extra' product was a teapigs tea bag. I am a big fan of herbal teas and haven't tried teapigs' tea before so the inclusion of this was a pleasant bonus, although it doesn't alter the fact that in terms of beauty products, for me this month's box wasn't as exciting as I thought it might be.

So, all in all I didn't love this box. I'm going to stay subscribed to see what next month's box is like but if I'm similarly disappointed I'll be unsubscribing! If any of you are Birchbox subscribers, how did you feel about this month's box? 



Share:

2 comments

  1. You'll be surprised at how long that face cream lasts, I've used my 4 or 5 times now and still have some left! I agree about the Fresh lip tint being pricey though!
    Midnight Violets Beauty Blog


    ReplyDelete
  2. That's disappointing. The fresh lip tint looks amazing though! Love your blog, followed!
    Katie xx
    http://gravityandshe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig