UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 18, 2013

Soap, Glorious Soap!


If you didn't already know this about me then it is definitely time to find out. I, Angelica, am a soapaholic. I absolutely love soap. I use solid soap in place of liquid soaps wherever I can, my only exception is that I'm still hooked on my L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil which even my lovely soaps can't replace. Today (other than celebrating soap) I'm going to show you the soaps I've got on the go at the moment, the ones lurking in my stash and the ones on my endless beauty wishlist.


Soaps On the Go


There are five, yes that's right, five little beauties currently in use and I'll just do a little breakdown of what they are and what they get used for. (I've linked all their names below to websites where you can read more about them or to blog posts I've written on them in case you like the look of something and want to read more.)

Lush's Miranda Soap: This is a relatively new addition to my collection but I've really fallen in love with it. It  is absolutely perfect for regular use as it is creamy and not at all drying. It also has a gorgeous fruity scent as it is full of kiwi as well as essential oils. I use this soap on my hands and it replaces liquid hand wash when I'm at home. Available from Lush for £3.40/100g.

Lush Porridge Soap: This is one of my all time favourite Lush products. The scent of this is one of my favourites ever, I could happily sit and sniff this soap for ages. Sounds really weird but if you like oaty smells then you'll fall in love with this too. I used to use this as my hand soap but in the winter months the exfoliating element of it has been a little bit too much for regular use. It is now reserved for exfoliation, I do use this on my hands periodically but I also like using this on my body when I'm in the bath or shower. I've nearly run out but I'll be repurchasing this soon no doubt about it. Available from Lush for £2.95/100g.

Lush's Snowglobe Soap: This is a winter collection product so isn't currently available but I've included the link to the blog post I wrote about it. I like this soap but don't love it as it isn't particularly moisturising and isn't at all creamy like Porridge and Miranda. The scent is really nice, it's a sort of citrussy lemongrass smell, but sadly this product is often sidelined in favour of my others. Probably wouldn't repurchase this!

L'Occitane's Almond Soap: This is a gorgeous soap, it lathers beautifully (really really beautifully) and it is rich so moisturises whilst it exfoliates. It feels like a luxury product and it really delivers excellent exfoliation. I love it and would definitely recommend it, I have another one in my stash which I'll be using when I finish this one. This is definitely on par (or better) than Lush's Porridge soap so if you like that then this is definitely worth a try. Available from L'Occitane for £4.

Lush's 13 Soap: This soap is actually being discontinued as you read this. So now is the time to try this out if you haven't already and hate missing out on things! It is a gorgeous rose scented soap that sort of reminds me (just a little bit) or turkish delight. It has a similar consistency to Snow Globe as 13 similarly isn't a creamy soap. However, I do find that it is easier to use than Snow Globe, and 13 leaves my hands feeling very clean with its scent lingering for a while. It's nice but like Snow Globe I wouldn't repurchase, worth a try though perhaps as it is 50% off until Lush run out so my block cost me about £2.



Soaps in my Stash


I currently have 4 full size soaps in my stash (and one sample size L'Occitane Verbena soap which I couldn't find anywhere so it isn't in the photo- sorry!) All of these appeal to me although I don't know much about the Natio soap which I received in the #bbloggersxmas goody bag, the scent sounds appealing though! 


Soaps on my Wishlist

I have three soaps/soap selections currently on my wishlist although I'm trying to hold off buying any more until I've powered through what I've already got. I did get bought the Read the Label collection for Christmas but is still hasn't arrived so I can't really comment on it at this time. A shame really! Anyway, the three wonderful soaps/selections are:

Lush's Rock Star Soap
Lush's Honey I Washed the Kids Soap




As you can probably tell, Lush and L'Occitane are the places that I tend to go to buy my soap, I just really like the ethos of both the brands and I love their high quality ingredients. But I would love to hear some recommendations if anyone else is a bit of a soap fiend like me as I'd love to try some new brands. I do feel like I'm stuck in a little bit a soap rut. Not that I'm complaining too much though, I love the products I'm using and I'm looking forward to trying the soaps that I've got hoarded away in my stash.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post! I know it might seem a little crazy to non soap obsessives but hopefully it'll have at least been informative. Do let me know how you feel about solid soap as I know some people really don't like using it.



Share:

10 comments

  1. Solid soaps are great and eco friendly as they come with very little packaging. I've had the chance to review some brands which I can recommend to you - Savonnerie London, All Natural Soap & Solivia Soap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely have to check out those reviews, thanks you! xx

      Delete
  2. L'Occitane Milk is my favourite <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. at the moment my preferite soaps are lush igloo and lush northern lights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love porridge, it's been far too long since I've had a bar x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so so lovely, can't get enough of it xx

      Delete
  5. I love the sound of the miranda soap, im such a fan of citrus sweet scents and think its about time I laid off my liquid soaps for a change! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely, not something I'd have picked up normally but I really love it. I'd definitely recommend giving it a try x

      Delete
  6. Before I even read this post I thought to myself 'gosh Angelica loves her soap' pahaha! LUSH Rock Star is amazing you will love it.

    Em

    x

    Em’s Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahaha! I have such love for soap :) Rock Star smells gorgeousssss, can't wait until I have an excuse to pick some up xx

      Delete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig