UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 09, 2013

REVIEW: Soap & Glory Hand Food and Heel Genius

moisturising hand and foot cream very effective for dry skin

As you might have seen in my Christmas Beauty Haul I received the Soap & Glory 'Best of All' gift set for Christmas, and among the 9 products were these two lovely products. I've never tried any Soap & Glory products before (apart from their Thick and Fast mascara which I didn't love). I also haven't ever really followed Soap & Glory as a brand so, although I know that they're popular, I didn't really know what to  expect! I have to say though, the first thing I noticed about both of these products is the packaging. I absolutely love the colour and the font and the descriptions on the back of both were really cute (I've taken photos to show you). I know we shouldn't choose skincare on the packaging it comes in but liking the aesthetic of a product is never a bad thing!



Heel Genius is a fantastic product. I instantly really liked it and when I used it for a few days and saw that it really worked and that my skin were continuing to get softer and smoother I was really happy. This product is cream but feels a lot like a gel when you apply it and it has a minty scent (like a lot of foot products) but it isn't very strong. This is essentially a foot mask, you apply this on your feet before bed, slip on some cotton socks and wake up with softer feet. It is so easy to get into a habit of using this daily that I almost can't believe I haven't always been using a product like this! I'm hooked on this and it has become a part of my routine that I enjoy using. I'd definitely recommend it.

I think this is cute!



Hand Food is definitely the most hyped Soap & Glory product that I've come across so far. Everyone seems to love this, on #bbloggers chats I have been endlessly recommended this for my dry hands! I've been a faithful use of L'Occitane's hand creams for a while now and although I still really do rate them for their quality, I have to admit that Hand Food is pretty darn amazing. I threw this into my handbag because my Body Shop hand cream which I'd taken back to London with me exploded without mercy in my bag one day- those metallic tubes look really nice but if you try and fold those babies tears will eventually be shed! Anyway, as a result, I've been using this since Boxing Day which I know isn't ages but I've already noticed an improvement in my knuckles which I really struggle to keep moisturised at this time of year. This hand cream also smells really lovely without being so strong as to annoy you or those around you, and it sinks in really very quickly. Even when you accidentally apply too much, which I do all the time (it's no fault of the packaging I'm just a moisturizer glutton!) The packaging of this really is another strong point for those looking for something to keep in a handbag as it is unlikely to explode and the lid isn't a removable screw top which can get dropped into, or inexplicably lost, in your bag. Lastly, the price really appeals to me. You can pick a 125ml tube of this up from Boots for just £5.50 which I think represents excellent value for money.

Again, cute!

Overall, I've been really impressed with Soap & Glory and am looking forward to trying some of the other skincare products from the 'Best of All' kit. It also came with some Soap & Glory vouchers so if any of you would highly recommend any of their other products do let me know what I should put these towards!


Angelica


Share:

24 comments

  1. I love the hand cream too, haven't straight Heel Genius, but it sounds like I need to!

    Midnight Violets Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound brill, i've never tried either! xx

    xelliealicex.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend both of them :) and they do smaller sizes (50ml I think) of the hand cream so you don't have to commit to a 200ml tube before knowing if you like it xx

      Delete
  3. I got this giftset for Christmas too.. and love these two together, they just smell gorgeous, and work brilliantly :)
    Gem x | MissMakeupMagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Hand Food, it is brilliant. I have only tried a few things from the Soap and Glory range and find that they are excellent. I love the smell too but unfortunately my Mum and boyfriend can't stand it so I have to use the products when I won't see either of them. Boo.

    Ashleigh x
    lifehighslowsandgarb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to be a little bit hit or miss but I really love it xx

      Delete
  5. I love hand food, but I love ALL soap and glory stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to disagree but I really dont like this hand cream! I agree its effective but it STINKS! I think its actually one of those scents that lingers for hours and it makes me feel a bit queasy!! I gave it to my friend and intially she liked it but then agreed, she smell didnt agree with her too! Its a shame as the cream is good but I am not willing to use it any more! LOL

    I might try the foot cream if it doesnt have the same scent as the hand cream!

    Grace

    www.allthatslap.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a shame you don't like it, but I guess everyone has different opinions when it comes to scents! The Heel Genius smells minty and is completely different to the hand cream so I'd still recommend giving that a try xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Soap & Glory shower gel, I'm just about to finish my second 500ml bottle and have another two to use up. I have Scrub Your Nose In It too, that smells kinda minty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got some in the 'Best of All' kit but left it at home in London for me to use when I go back at Easter, it looks gorgeous but I'm hooked on shower oils at the moment xx

      Delete
  9. I love both these products! But I don't really rate the Heel Genius in terms of smell; I think it just smells like any other foot cream which is a shame when the brand is so well known for being nice-smelling.

    Gemma xx
    gemmaer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does seem to be the case that most foot creams are minty but I like Heel Genius as it isn't too strong. I've tried the Body Shop's foot products and they're all so strong, so for me this is a nice change xx

      Delete
  10. I've recently tried the Heel Genius too and I got such a fright when it came out blue haha I was just expecting a white cream!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know what you mean! If I'd tried the hand cream first I would have been exactly the same xx

      Delete
  11. I love the Heel Genius, I got it for Christmas too :) I use it every night and my feet are so soft at the moment! Hand Food is a staple in my hand bag, such a good product! xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a huge fan of Hand Food, I like Heel Genius though. You should try some S&G scrubs, Sugar Crush is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like hand food but it doesn't come close to L'Occitane tbh. Heel Genius and I didn't get along so well, the foot cream I got in my sanctuary set is better but it's all I have to compare it to. It actually made my feet burn a little :s

    Lizzums x
    http://benebelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Hand Food, it's one of my favourite hand moisturisers :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it too! When I've used the ones in my stash up I'm going to repurchase it xx

      Delete
  15. I really like both of these! I always seem to have a Hand Food lying around somewhere... kitchen, bedroom, the office!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sending me your link in tonight's chat lovely. :)

    I am in love with these two products, I always have a little tube of hand food in my bag, its a hand lifesaver xx

    www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait to try Soap & Glory Hand Food! Boutique Bag Lady

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig