UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 01, 2013

MY 31 DAY NO-FOUNDATION CHALLENGE


Post-shower, completely make-up free!


Hello everyone, and happy New Year!


This is my first post of 2013 and I thought I'd set myself a challenge rather than some resolutions as I think I'm more likely to be successful this way! I've decided that January is going to be a foundation-free month- this means that I'm not going to wear any foundation, powder, concealer, bb cream etc. I'm still going to wear eye make-up (I don't know if I could go a month without mascara!) and lip products (and maybe a hint of blush/highlighter where I feel it is needed) but, in general, my skin is going to have a well deserved break. 

This was actually inspired by me leaving my foundation up in Leeds when I came home for Christmas. I didn't rush out to buy more and going 'bare faced' didn't really affect how I felt about myself- which surprised me! On top of this, my skin has evened out (I suffer from perpetually rosy cheeks- but they have really improved) and my pores have cleared up considerably and reduced in size. So, to continue this fortnight of good skin that I've been having I thought I would see if I could survive an entire month without any base products. 

I'm going to take photos of how I wear my other make-up throughout the month and I'm going to do weekly catch-ups to let you know how it's going and how I feel about the challenge as it progresses. I'm feeling really positive about it (but then again I don't have any significant blemishes right now, maybe that will change if I get a spot or two...) and I think it's a nice way to start a new year. 

I will of course have an arsenal of lovely (mostly natural) skin care products that will be my knights in shining armour, so this challenge is also a great way for you and I to see how well they really work. The products I'll be using daily starting from this week include:


The Body Shop's Tea Tree Exfoliator
Laid Bare's DIY Two in One Cleanser and Toner
The Body Shop's Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream (I'll use this on my t-zone in the morning)
The Body Shop's Seaweed Clarifying Night Treatment (I'll use this on my t-zone in the evening)
Superdrug's Optimum PhytoCellTec Skin Renewal Eye Cream* (I use this just around my eyes, morning and night)
The Body Shop's Tea Tree Pore Minimiser (I'm going to be using this on my t-zone instead of make-up)


My routine is quite heavy on the Body Shop products (sorry about that, but I love them!) and I haven't quite worked out what moisturiser I'll be using on my cheeks (mainly in the evenings) yet, but I'll let you know what I've decided upon in the Week One Challenge Catch Up! After this month is up I may well do individual reviews of the products I've used to summarise how well they worked for me :) Until then, keep your eyes peeled for my first Catch Up post which I'll be putting up on the 8th! 


I'd love to hear about any Challenges any of you have set for yourself and your thoughts about mine! 



Angelica



Share:

18 comments

  1. This is a great idea! I wish you lots of luck lovely! I am also embarking on a challenge, the 100 day spending ban! xx

    freshbeautyxox.blogspot.com | Shona x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the challenge! If my skin was clearer I would consider doing this. Ages ago I decided to not wear mascara in the week to give my eyelashes a rest - after awhile of curling, mascara and makeup remover they tend to fall out more! It really does help xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are braver than me hun! I have ok skin but have slight red patches so have to wear BB cream for work and foundation at the weekends.Good luck.

    Em

    x

    Em’s Mixed Bag

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, very brave! I have the body shop tea tree pore minimiser and its great, I reviewed it too, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting challenge, wish you all the best! I don't think I could do this at all! xx

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! You're so brave, my skin has been terrible since eating poorly over Christmas, I need my foundation now more than ever!

    Georgina
    www.makeup-pixi3.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such lovely skin! Following your blog, after you were named one of Emma's (Ems Mixed Bag) bloggers of the year :)

    http://jo-beautyandthebooks.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. you look just as beautiful with out make up my lovely. good luck with your challenge. Happy New Year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very brave! I couldn't go without foundation or concealer for a month, but I don't have clear skin like you. It is definitely a good idea to detox the skin. We forget how much gunk we put on our faces sometimes. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year! Those Body Shop products look good. might try to get my hands on the pore minimiser.
    Good luck with your challenge :)
    Joelle
    xoxo
    febgirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea. I spent years never wearing any base and I think my skin was in better condition then than it is now. Looking forward to your updates - your skin looks lovely in that picture as it is! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a good idea! I rarely have no foundation days but have decided that over the next few days I'm going to go without! I feel like my skin could really do with a breather after Christmas/New Year! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like such a good idea! Not sure if I could manage it though! xx

    candycaneheart.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a good idea. I've been thinking of trying it myself.

    http://www.tea-and-cocktails.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is really interesting! Even if I don't wear foundation during the day, I need to wear concealer. Otherwise I look like I'm sick which people always feel the need to comment on! You have been blessed with no bags under your eyes. Jealous! Best of luck with this. I'll be keeping an eye out for updates! :)x

    http://sorandomtoday.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a wonderful idea, wish I was as brave as you! Your skin looks so good so you don't need it anyway I bet! Glad I found this beauty blog, and loojk forward to more posts! Thanks for visiting me too, hehe!

    http://theundersized.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think thats a great idea! It will give your skin a good old break and I bet you'll be looking so radient by the end of it you wont even realise why you wore it in the first place! haha. xxx

    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just found your blog and love it :) Does the body shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream work well?

    S xx

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig