UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 20, 2013

REVIEW: Lush's Oatifix Face Mask



fresh natural oat face mask

I picked up a hefty sample of Lush's Oatifix Face Mask as a freebie when I went into Lush to purchase some of their '13' soap. It's a face mask that I've had my eye on for a while as I'm a massive fan of Lush's Porridge Soap (I'm just in love with that oat-y scent!) and was hoping this face mask would smell similar. What I found was that it doesn't exactly have the same scent to it, but this turned out to be a good thing in its own way as Oatifix smells incredible. It still has an oat-y smell to it but it is incredibly sweet, like porridge with lashings of maple syrup stirred into it.


fresh natural face mask for dry skin


Initially, especially given how sweet this smells, I was a little skeptical about putting this on my face! It looks so much like baby food! I tried it in the end though, and so did my friend Tom; I have combination skin and Tom has dry skin which is prone to blemishes. After using Oatifix (not straight away but the morning after) my skin was super soft and I woke up with absolutely baby soft skin and a slightly more even skin tone. Tom's skin was really smooth afterwards,  his dry skin really benefited from Oatifix which makes sense as it is definitely more for his skin type than mine. I've now used this product three times and I experienced the same effects every time, plus it didn't break me out (which I was a little bit worried about) or aggravate my sensitive skin at all.


fresh natural face mask for dry skin review


So, although this isn't a product specifically targeting my skin type it wouldn't stop me from repurchasing Oatifix in the future. I really really enjoyed using it, and I think it was nice for my skin to have a bit of a different face mask experience as a lot of the products for oily/combination skin are quite drying. So yeah,  what am I getting at here, basically, don't be afraid of giving Oatifix a try if you have oily/combination skin! And definitely consider it if you have dry skin as it is lovely and moisturising, and it also has great brightening properties which you will definitely notice the day after use.


Oatifix is available online or instore for £5.95*.


Do you have a favourite Lush face mask?


Share:

11 comments

  1. it looks lovely, i'll have to pop into lush and purchase - as I have dry skin :)

    favouritepurchases.blogspot.com

    lizzo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - this mask is definitely promising... will pick it up next time im in lush :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great, although I do like to stick to the fresh face masks for oily skin, they are some of my favourites :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried Cupcake since this one and I did really love it, but Oatifix was really good for my skin too :) xx

      Delete
  4. I was in Lush yesterday for the 1st time in ages and thought about trying their face masks again as I've not used them in such a long time. This one sounds like it would be great for my skin. Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd definitely recommend trying one of their masks! Every one that I've given a go I've liked in one way or another xx

      Delete
  5. Nice post!! Very helpful!

    Ii'm following you now on GFC and Bloglovin! Hope you follow me back :>
    http://beatricemalveda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Oatifix too and it wasn't meant to be for my skintype either but worked really well! x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was inspired to try it after reading your review :) xx

      Delete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig