UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 22, 2013

REVIEW: Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Scrub


exfoliater suitable for all skin smells like lime


This little beauty was part of the 'Best of All' kit that I got for Christmas and I'm really glad it was as this is not something that I'd have picked up otherwise. Soap and Glory's Sugar Crush Body Scrub is a big pot of exfoliating goodness and it might surprise some of you but I've never used a product like this before! The exfoliaters I've used before have all been in solid form (like in soaps or exfoliating bars) so using something in a pot like this was quite a novel experience, and I really liked it!


lime scented exfoliating review


This sugar scrub has the most delicious zesty lime scent to it but remains quite sweet because of the sugar content. I can't get enough of the fragrance, I literally opened it earlier just to sniff it (I'm such a weirdo sometimes, haha!) and in the shower, especially in the morning, it is just such a pleasure to use. 




The consistency of it is quite gel-like and the sugar granules are really fine (you can see this in the photo below). What this means is that you can get a great exfoliation without it feeling at all rough, which if you have sensitive skin like me is essential. I've used this about five or six times and after every use my skin is left really smooth and soft without being irritated. It doesn't moisturise the skin as it exfoliates which might be an issue for those of you with really dry skin or who don't like moisturising after they shower. I do always have to moisturise after using this or my skin feels a little bit taught but those of you with normal skin might be fine.


lime scented body exfoliater

All I have to say really is that I'm a convert! I'll definitely still be using my trusty exfoliating soaps (especially L'Occitane's Almond Delicious Soap) but this Sugar Scrub is really fantastic for all over body exfoliation and the fragrance has me hooked. I can see myself using this up relatively quickly and I will definitely consider repurchasing this, although I do have my eye on Soap and Glory's other sugar scrub, the Breakfast Scrub.  It's worth noting though that if you like the sound of the lime scent but aren't a fan of body scrubs, Soap and Glory have just released a body butter with the same fragrance. I'm seriously tempted to try it as the scent is just so good.

If you want to get your hands on Soap and Glory's Sugar Crush Body Scrub you can find it in Boots for £8*. I'd highly recommend it!


What's your favourite body scrub?
Share:

9 comments

  1. I got the best of all set too and I've loved using this too. The Breakfast Scrub is next on my list!
    Fab review xo

    chloesway.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast Scrub is also AMAZING, though you may be tempted to eat it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this, I'm obsessed with the smell too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm yet to try this new scrub from S&G, My favourite scent has to be the Breakfast scrub though! I may be tempted to try this one though next time its on 3 for 2 and I have money I can actually spend! haha

    Leanne @ Leanne-Marie | Beauty, fashion & lifestyle. x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. i got this too! I absolutely adore the smell. I haven't tried it yet since I'm trying to use up products before moving on but I'm super excited! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to try any Soap & Glory products but this and the body butter will probably be the first things I try because I've heard nothing but great things about the delicious scent! Great review, you've only hooked me more on this product!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the body wash of this that I've not started using yet but I'm so excited for because I LOVE the smell too! I might get this as well after i've finished my Body Shop scrubs!

    Great review :)

    Amy x cocktailsinteacups.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Soap and Glory! I have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would say another scrub but this has to be my fave I'm addicted to soap and glory products!

    xxx Miriam (coffeechanellipstick)

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig