UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 17, 2013

January Glossybox 2013


I resubscribed to Glossybox about a week ago and this is my first box from them in about 6 months. I only unsubscribed for financial reasons not because I didn't enjoy their boxes although admittedly they weren't my favourite beauty box. If you don't already know, beauty boxes are a subscription service where you receive a monthly box with a number of sample size products in it. The samples in Glossyboxes are unknown at the time of purchase so it can be a little bit of a lottery but for £10 plus p&p it can be quite a fun monthly surprise! You can find out more about Glossybox here.


This month's Glossybox was a detox themed one and the value of my Gossybox this month is £31.06. (This is based on the RRP of the products as informed by the leaflet which was included in this month's Glossybox.) It is, however, worth noting that nearly HALF of my 'Balance Rose Face Tonique' had leaked out in transit. This substantially lowers the value of the box as it is the most expensive item in it.




First up is Jason's Lips Bee Healthier Aloe & Beeswax lip balm. I haven't tried this before and it is just lovely, really lovely. I didn't need another lip balm but I am glad that it was in the box as otherwise I wouldn't have tried it.

Full size price: £1.99     Value of Sample: £1.99





The second product is Duck Island Limited Body Lotion. Some of the people I've spoken to who got this in their Glossybox were a little but unhappy with it but I actually really like it. Granted, it isn't really 'detoxing' and it isn't the best of samples as 30ml is really enough of a body moisturiser to get much use but the scent! My goodness do I like the scent! It's called 'Mandarin and Bergamot' but it's mainly quite a heavy scent with the undertones being the sweeter element to it. I like it but I can see that a lot of people might not.

Full size price: £24.95     Value of Sample: £1.49 




The next product in the box is Elemis' Skin Glow Exfoliating Face Wash. I haven't tried any of Elemis' skincare before so I'm quite pleased with the inclusion of this, I also don't have a stash of exfoliaters like I do with other face products so I'll actually get some use out of this in the near future!

Full size price: £12  Value of Sample: £3.60




Next, the infamous toner! This is Balance Rescue Face Tonique, a 'refreshing face toner for combination skin'. The inclusion of this is nice as it shows that Glossybox have sent me a box catered specifically for my skin type. I love rose water toners so I'll definitely be using this, it's just a shame so much of it was wasted in transit! I have emailed Glossybox about it so hopefully they can offer me a replacement- we'll see!

Full size price: £27.50  Value of Sample: £16.50




The last sample product is Monu's Warming Aromatic Mask, a warming clay face mask aimed at deep cleansing and invigorating the skin. I love face masks, I love self-heating products so I am doubly happy with this. I'll definitely be using this soon as my T-Zone could use some deep cleansing!

Full size price: £24.95      Value of Sample: £7.49




Glossybox also through in an extra this month, a Glossybox eye mask. This isn't something I'd get regular use out of but I do occasionally get migraines and this will no doubt be helpful at keeping light away from my sensitive eyes! A nice little extra but nothing to write home about.

Overall, I'm pleased with the box. I was worried about resubscribing because I have been disappointed by beauty boxes but this one was really quite nice. I know that it will seem a bit skincare heavy but I'm a real lover of skincare products and enjoy trying new things so for me this is just perfect! I'm going to stay subscribed so look out for a similar post next month!



Did you subscribe to Glossybox this month? What did you think of your box? I'd love it if you left links to any posts you've done on yours!



Share:

5 comments

  1. Such a shame about your toner, but the rest of the box looks nice. Hope you get a replacement soon! :)

    Ashleigh x
    lifehighslowsandgarb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This box actually seems quite good :) Such a shame half of the toner leaked! Hopefully Glossybox will offer you another bottle :) xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glossybox have got back in contact with me and are sending me a replacement which is really nice of them. Their customer service is very good x

      Delete
  3. My box was rubbish this month, all I had the same in my box was the sleep mask. I was so disappointed, I always give them another box after a disappointed box & if I'm not happy with the next I will cancel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame! That's the downside to Glossybox sending out such different boxes to people. Hopefully you'll enjoy next month's box xx

      Delete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig