UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

October 26, 2014

My MaxFactor Mascaras (False Lash Effect and Masterpiece)

recommended drugstore mascaras

For the last few months (four, or maybe even five) I've exclusively been using two mascaras from MaxFactor (barring one encounter with a mascara from W7). They're actually both repurchases, I've used MaxFactor's Masterpiece Mascara once before and I've gone through countless tubes of their False Lash Effect Mascara as it was my go-to for years when I was a teen. However, now that I've tried the Masterpiece Mascara I don't know if I'll be repurchasing the False Lash Effect.

lengthening defining drugstore mascara
lengthening defining drugstore mascara

MaxFactor's False Lash Effect Mascara has a very thick brush that adds a lot of volume to lashes - perhaps too much. I find it can be a bit too much for everyday wear as I've come to prefer a lighter and more fluttery eyelash look. I find the brush can be a little bit hard to work with, partly because of its size but also because product pools at the end of the brush often causing awkward smudges on my eyelid. The formula is really great though, it's incredibly long lasting and waterproof and I find it can hold a curl very well. I've become more accustomed to reaching for it when I'm going out in the evening or if I think I might get rained on, because this bad boy is not going to budge. (This does mean that you need something pretty hefty to remove it - I generally turn to Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish which does a great job.)

MaxFactor's Masterpiece Mascara has a much thinner brush that gives tremendous length and definition but not a whole lot of volume. I use this pretty much every single day and I repurchased it as soon as I finished my last tube because I didn't want to try anything else. The brush is really easy to use and I don't have any problems with it, I hold it at the roots of my lashes and then wiggle it upwards to get as much length as possible. It doesn't have the same lasting power as the False Lash Effect Mascara but this does mean that it is much easier to remove, which I definitely prefer for general everyday wear. I find that I don't need anything special to remove it, I've been using Garnier's Micellar Solution and L'Oreal's Gentle Eye Makeup Remover and they both do a great job. 

As I've been using both of these mascaras for so long it is definitely time for me to get around to replacing them. I've got a Maybelline option in my stash to try out next but I know for a fact that I'll be repurchasing MaxFactor's Masterpiece Mascara again very soon and I'd definitely recommend it.


What mascaras do you like using?

Follow me via: [Bloglovin] [Twitter[Facebook]
Share:

4 comments

  1. I'm partial to Maybelline mascaras when it comes to the drugstore but I will have to try these! Great review xx
    Julia | Wing me a dream

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only tried 2 Max Factor mascaras (False Lash Effect and Clump Defy) but I really like them! Clump Defy is absolutely fantastic, it sounds quite similar to Masterpiece so I might try that next :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried a Max Factor mascara years ago but it was so long ago, I cant remember which! They seem to get a lot of love, so may get one of these next xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been using Covergirl's Lash lengthening Mascara. It is one of my all time favourite mascara's.

    -xx

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig