UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

October 31, 2014

October Beauty Favourites

image beauty blogger favourite products from October 2014

Where does time go? I feel as though October has just sped me through life at an alarmingly fast pace and now it's time for me to share my favourite beauty products from the last month. Some are new discoveries but there are a couple of much loved favourites that have been around a while.

First up is my beauty front runner for October - if you can't already identify it then please let me introduce to you Living Nature's Lipstick in Summer Rain*. This is has been my berry lip of choice this month and I've worn it a lot! It has a really lovely moisturising texture which means that its easy to wear even with dry lips (which is how I'd describe mine at the moment). I like to wear it patted on my lips as a stain and as a full on berry lip. 

Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap in Green Tea* has been making life much easier for me this month and I've really enjoyed using it to wash my make-up brushes. If you missed my post about this beauty I'd redirect you there as I spoke some serious praise about its virtues.

My skin was pretty dry at the beginning of the month but I've discovered two products that have made all the difference - Roger and Gallet's Fleur de Figuier Ultra Nourishing Oil* and A Passion for Natural's Aloe Vera Body Butter*. Which one I use has depended on where I'm going and what I'm doing. After a shower I really like applying Roger & Gallet's body oil onto damp skin as it absorbs so quickly and leaves my skin soft and delicately scented. If I'm looking to apply something to dry skin then I reach for A Passion for Natural's body butter which really deeply hydrates my skin but doesn't take ages to absorb. It doesn't have much in the way of a scent, so it's great if you're looking for something effective that won't interfere with your perfume. 

My face mask favourite of the month has definitely been Antipodes' Aura Manuka Honey Mask. I had relatively clear skin for most of the month but in the last ten days I had a hormonal break out that nothing has seemed to clear up. This face mask has helped cleanse my skin without stripping it and I find the scent and texture really luxurious.

I've included MaxFactor's Masterpiece Mascara as my last favourite because it is definitely the product that I've worn the most this month. I wear mascara everyday and this has been my go-to daytime mascara for a long time now. Often my everyday beauty picks can miss out on the spot light so I thought I'd give it a fair share of the lime light this month. I've actually finished this mascara up (well, technically it's past it's sell by date) so I won't be wearing it next month but I'd highly recommend it and I would consider repurchasing it again in the future!


What have been some of your beauty favourites this month?

Follow me via: [Bloglovin] [Twitter[Facebook]
Share:

4 comments

  1. I love the smell of everything Rodger & Gallet! :)

    Jamie-Lee.
    Glitter Infatuation - Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. At a fist glimpse I thought the lipstick was from Sleek. The colour is gorgeous! I wish I was more daring to wear dark lips more often. I'm loving the Dr. Bronner's soap as well. x

    Speaking Beauty UK | Nars, Urban Decay, YSL GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting to try that mask for yonks! And the Dr. Bronner's soap, might have to make a sneaky purchase... ;)
    Phoebe xx
    www.phoebetea.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dr Bronner's Magic Soap for cleaning my make up brushes, it makes it a little bit fun!

    Dannie x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig