UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

October 14, 2014

My Current Skincare Regime

pixi glow tonic liz earle cleanse polish garnier micellar water origins fushi

I've had the roughly the same skincare routine since my birthday in July. I'm already in the process of changing around a few products (the Formula 10.0.6 is the newest addition) but before I completely change up my routine I thought I'd give you the low down on how these products have worked for me over the last couple of months. For reference I have sensitive combination skin - oily t-zone and normal/dry cheeks.

I usually begin by removing the bulk of my make-up with Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water. I have found it to be the best affordable micellar water that I've tried, better than a couple of higher end brands, but in my opinion it is not quite as good as Bioderma's Sensibio Micellar Solution. I then follow up with a more thorough cleanse using Liz Earle's Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser, a product that I've been using on and off since last November. This is actually my third tube and I'm a really big fan of this cleanser. I find that it leaves my skin clearer, brighter and generally happier than other cleansers - I just wish it was a bit more affordable! I then (when I remember…) follow up with Pixi's Glow Tonic, an exfoliating toner that I do think helps decongest my skin but which is still more gentle on my skin than the Biotherm exfoliating toner that I was using previously. I don't know if it Glow Tonic deserves the 'hype' surrounding it, but I do like it and I would repurchase it. 

origins fushi pixi liz earle marlenha forumla 10.0.6

Once I've finished cleansing and toning my skin I turn my attention to rehydrating it. As I suffer from very rosy skin and frequent blemishes, I rely quite heavily on rosehip oil to fade dark marks left by spots and to help even out the tone and texture of my skin. Fushi's Organic Rosehip Oil is a more affordable option than other oils I've tried (Antipodes Divine Oil and Trilogy's Rosehip Oil) but it doesn't sink into my skin that quickly and the oil itself has a particularly strong odour which would definitely put some people off. I find that it does the job I want it to do and is so much more affordable than other options that I shouldn't really complain too much.

Once my facial oil has completely sunk into my skin I then apply a moisturiser. My go-to options for the evening have been Marlenha's Blossom Elixir* and Origins' Make a Difference Plus Mosituriser. Both offer the perfect level of hydration without overloading my skin and I've switched between the two depending on which one is to hand. In the day-time I usually opt for L'Occitane's Angelica Ultra Matte Fluid which I regularly repurchase, but recently I picked up Formula 10.0.6's Seriously Shine Free Moisturiser which feels like a good dupe of my high-end favourite. Again, the scent of this more affordable alternative doesn't live up to my high expectations, but it is nothing that would stop me reaching for it. 

Have you tried any of the products I've mentioned in today's post?
What skincare products are you currently loving? I'd love any recommendations for products that would be suitable for my combination/sensitive skin!

Follow me via: [Bloglovin] [Twitter[Facebook]
Share:

5 comments

  1. At the moment I'm using Garnier's Micellar Water to remove my makeup too - I really like it, it's so affordable and it doesn't sting my eyes like Bioderma. I then use Amie's Morning Clear Purifying Facial Wash which is really lovely and gentle - I reckon you might like it too, plus it smells amazing! I tone using Lush's Tea Tree Water. In the day I moisturise with Soap & Glory's Feel Good Factor which is nice and light and contains SPF 25. In the night I use Soap & Glory's Wish Upon A Jar which is also nice and light and leaves my skin feeling so nice in the morning :) Another great product is The Body Shop's Vitamin C Facial Polish - it smells amazing and really smooths everything out.

    I really want to incorporate more natural skincare (which might mean saying goodbye to Soap & Glory :( ) and also am keen to start using rosehip oil too - I like the look of Neal's Yard Remedies' version! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I haven't come across Fuschi's oil before, but it sounds interesting, and as you said a much cheaper version! x

    emily x | emily’s beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you use a hydrating toner? If you're looking for an extra layer of hydration the Organic Surge Orange Blossom Toner is great for sensitive skin and it's really affordable too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll definitely try some of these as how you described your skin sounds exactly like me! x

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never trued out any of the above products. But I'd love to try out the Garnier's Micellar Cleansing Water.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig