UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 06, 2014

2013 Favourites: Hair & Body

Blogger best body products of year

Today's post is going to be a rundown of my favourite hair and body products that I used during 2013. I'm going to be covering skincare tomorrow and then finishing off the little series with my favourite make-up of 2013. Let's start with body care!


L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil (reviewed here)
I use this every single day and it is the most luxurious shower product I could ever wish for. It smells gorgeous, lathers up beautifully and leaves my skin clean and soft. It's become an expensive repeat purchase of mine but I do think it is worth how it makes me feel.

L'Occitane Almond Milk Concentrate (reviewed here)
This has a much nicer scent than the Shower Oil and it is probably my favourite body care item full stop. I will always have a pot of this lying around somewhere - I love it that much! I would use it all over but it would become too expensive a habit. I use this as a neck cream, and on my decollatage. I find that not only does it keep my skin soft, smooth and pretty radiant but it leaves me bathed in its  wonderful fragrance. 

Dry Brushing (reviewed here)
Simple routine - big results. All I mean by 'dry brushing' is using a brush on my skin before I take a shower. It smooths, softens and improves the appearance of cellulite. It is the cheapest and most effective body routine that I've taken up this year and I would recommend it to everyone!

Lanolips Herbal Treatment Body Oil* (reviewed here)
I use body oils religiously because my skin is on the dry side and Lanolips' Herbal Treatment Body Oil is the best one that I used all year. I love it, I love how it leaves my skin looking and I will be buying a new bottle soon.

Soap and Glory The Righteous Butter (reviewed here)
As I said, I have very dry skin and I moisturise every day. The Righteous Butter was the best body butter that I used during 2013 - it is very rich and very hydrating. After I used it I could skip a day moisturising which is rare for me and thus it really impressed me. 

 Notable mention to: Original Source Shower Gel in Shea and Honey (reviewed here)


best blogger hair products of the year


L'Oreal EverSleek Shampoo
This is a really nice, really affordable SLS free shampoo that lathers like a dream and doesn't dry out my hair. I've tried three of the L'Oreal No Sulphates Shampoos and this has been my favourite. I'll definitely continue to use it in 2014. 

MoroccanOil Hair Treatment (reviewed here)
So good I've got myself another bottle! This is the most wonderful hair oil and I really do think that it transforms my hair when I use it. It helps with dry ends and controlling frizz but it also adds shine and just leaves my hair looking that bit more healthy. I like other oils but this one is my favourite by far. 

John Frieda Hair Serum (reviewed here)
I suffer from frizzy hair, especially in warmer weather, and I've loved John Frieda's Hair Serums ever since I started using them. I notice a massive improvement in my hair when I use this serum and it is just so affordable that I don't know why I would ever stop repurchasing it.

Kerastase Cristaliste Conditioner (reviewed here)
This has been my main-stay conditioner of 2013 and it has lasted me nearly all year! You don't need much for massively impressive results and it suits my hair type (long and fine with dry ends) perfectly. I really rate Kerastase hair products and I would highly recommend this conditioner. 

Notable mention to: Healthy Sexy Hair Leave in Conditioner (reviewed here)


That concludes my hair and body favourites of 2013! Have you tried any of the products I mentioned? What are some of your hair and body favourites of 2013?

Share:

5 comments

  1. I really want to try the almond shower oil, it sounds amazing, and it smells great :)xo

    http://901lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great products! I just LOVE the almond shower oil, it's one of the best shower stuff in the world :)! And I've just started doing the dry brushing thing and I really like it. I feel so relaxed afterwards! And my skin also feels great, of course :).

    xx
    http://gita-oddsandends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moroccan Oil was a product I discovered in 2013. I love it & wonder how I managed without it. Well worth the money
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The almond range from L'Occitane is to die for. I got the gift set for Christmas and I love love love the shower oil! x

    Elissa | styleaffix.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. To Learn more what you can do to secure against skin cancer and the more about Best dermatologists in Delhi at http://skindelhi.com/dermatologist.html

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig