UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 16, 2014

Smooth Skin the Fancy Way



 As someone with sensitive, combination, blemish prone skin skincare can be a tricky area - especially finding manual exfoliaters that don't aggravate my skin whilst still working on declogging and smoothing my skin. Today I'm going to be giving you the low-down on four 'high end' exfoliaters that I've put to the test over the last twelve months. Here they are listed in my order of preference. 


Origins Modern Friction*
Origins Modern Friction is one of those skincare products that actually prompts a sigh of pleasure when I think about it. It has tiny micro-exfoliating beads that allow for a really thorough but gentle exfoliation. Additionally, as you rub the product into your skin the cream lathers up beautifully offering a deep cleanse. Once I've finished using Modern Friction my skin is both super smooth and clean. But be warned, keep it away from your eyes at all costs or you will end up blindly, madly cursing. Other than it's propensity to sting eyes it is a wonderful exfoliater and I'm keen to get my hands on a full size version soon.

Eve St. Agnes Revive and Renew Refining Exfoliating Polish*
Similar to Modern Friction, Eve of St. Agnes' Revive and Renew Refining Exfoliating Polish contains very, very fine exfoliating bamboo particles that offer a very thorough but completely controllable exfoliation. Depending on how hard you scrub you could get a serious to a more mild result - but even when used very gently I find that my skin is left radiant, soft and much less congested than before use. What this exfoliater lacks is a tantalizing scent and the lathering effect of Modern Friction. For that reason it takes second place. 

Elemis Fresh Skin Skin Glow Exfoliating Face Wash
Elemis' Fresh Skin Skin Glow Exfoliating Face Wash is very 'shower friendly' and I keep this in my shower in London to use whenever I take a break from University and go back to my family home. The packaging is more travel (and shower) friendly than the Eve of St. Agnes Exfoliater (which is made of glass) and I find its flip top easier to use when my hands are wet. That aside, this exfoliater features larger exfoliating beads that I find offer a less thorough and less easily controllable exfoliation. There tends to be just one result from this product and for that reason it is good for regular every-other-day use but I don't get any 'miracle' results. 

Tropic Face Smooth*
I absolutely loved the scent of this product - think Soap and Glory's Sugar Crush range. However, it does resemble a sugar scrub for the face. It offers less-sensitive skin types a very thorough exfoliation that is incredibly effective at renewing the skin and decongesting it. However, on me this could only ever be used intermittently as a treatment as it is quite a harsh product. I like the results it gives and I wish I could use it more regularly but on my skin type this is relegated to the category of 'treatment' and thus is only reached for occasionally, but I'm sure other people might have different experiences with this Tropic's Face Smooth.


What is your 'go-to' facial exfoliater? Have you tried any of the products I've mentioned?

Share:

6 comments

  1. I tried doing the exfoliating toner thing, couldn't! I need to feel it working, my favourite is lush's toffee one that came out at Christmas and I cant remember the name! its lovely though

    Catherine x

    http://beautyintheeyeofthebe-holder.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite BY FAR is the Cure Natural Aqua Gel, I reviewed it on my blog and I can't see myself without it! It's so pricey in the UK though :(

    Jennifer Barely There Beauty | UK Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My skin is very sensitive so I don't use an exfoliator.

    Hazel Rea - @beachrambler

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only one of these I've tried is Modern Friction which I loved but can't afford at the moment haha! I'm currently using St Ives scrubs, which do they job :)
    Lovely post!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. My go to facial exfoliation product is Ocean Salt from Lush, Its a sea salt exfoliator with acocado butters to soften, vodka steeped limes to brighten, Itr tightens the pores amazingly and makes my skin feel super soft. Being a long term follower of your blog I think we have pretty similar skin types and I know you would love this, Ill be reviewing it very soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really have a favorite one,since I haven't found a good one for my skin type yet.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig